How should i seal box off from trunk?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Meka
10+ year member

Prestons a *****
Manhattan,KS
Hey, Just got a new box for my 2 15''L7's this is in a 1990 lumina. I stripped out the deadner and carpet behind the backseat so I can now just realease to hooks for my seat coushin and there is a straight shot into the trunk. I was wanting to face the box foward into the cabin of the car. My question is what would be the best way to seal the box off from the rest of the trunk?

Thanks

That can get rather tricky depending on how it is set up. You can build a lip out of MDF that is 3 or 4 inches that is attached to the baffle and have and have it slanted so it fits up snug against the seat area....sort of like blinders for a horse but it goes all the way around. Does that make sense? My advice would be to turn the box backwards and fire to the rear. Those L7's can have a real punch to them and firing them backwards seems to even out the sound IMO.

I have tried various ways including faceing them back towards the trunk. Facing them forward had givin me the best results. However there is only about 1'' on the tope and abou 3'' on each side to be sealed off.

I guess you could put a frame aound the areas that are not sealed off (the one inch area and the 3 inches on either side) and have egg crate on one side of it and you could carpet the other side of the frame the same color as your box.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.