How should I do this?

pilyin
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I'm going to be wiring up a Fiero for sound soon and am looking for suggestions. I'll be having 3.5's in each seat, Infinity components in the door and 4X10's in the dash. I'm up in the air as whether to use JL Audio TR350-cxi or infinity kappa 32.5cf in the head rest. What do you guys think. Then I'm intending to run 3 amps. I'm not sure how strong I want them. This is where I'm looking for advice. I"m planning on something like this. One amp will run the 4 headrest speakers (4 3.5's). The second will run the door and dash speakers (Infinity Components, and 4X10's). The third will be a RF Punch (I already have this amp) running either 1 or 2 8" subs (Depending on room - it's a Fiero).

So which set of speakers should I go with for the head rests, what would you suggest for amps and power for the other 2 amps, and will I need more power than the car battery to do this. If I do, how should I do this.

Your plan is very bizarre. 4X10's sound like crap - all of them. 3.5's in the headrest is way too close to your head. Just my opinion, of course.

If you persue this path, the Boston Acoustics FX3's are the best sounding 3.5's I've found yet.

The reason I was going to use this method was because that's where the factory slots are. 4 X 10's in the dash and 3.5's in the seat. If 4X10 really sound bad, any suggestions as to what to do there?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.