how much watts are XXX-18 Soundstream Subwoofer really is at rms ???

here is the entire thread wrapped up into maybe 3 lines

You bought the wrong amp for your system

You need to sell the amp and with that money you can definitely buy a complete system that will leave you more than happy

Camaros dont need that much bass anyways //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

ok ok my bad. the answer to the question u are asking is yes. the soundstream xxx18 is good for 10k and up on burps but i dont think it will take 10k for long daily beating. maybe like 5-7k with correct gains and electrical setup.
hows that for ya pablo?
here is the truth about the xxx's. they handle crap for power unless you are burpung. had a friend that got 2 xxx 18s. the first was on a rf t2500cp. blew it right up after breaking in for months. then got another on the same amp. same thing happened. then he got a dc lvl 5 18....not one problem yet

here is the entire thread wrapped up into maybe 3 lines
You bought the wrong amp for your system

You need to sell the amp and with that money you can definitely buy a complete system that will leave you more than happy

Camaros dont need that much bass anyways //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
camaros cant fit that ,much bass. u doubt this kid has a warhorse and if he does.....its still made by kicker //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif id rather go with like 5 aq 2200s for a fraction of the cost and twice the quality.

I've never seen so many post deletions in my life //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

I don't know much about the XXX but 10k sustained seems like an exaggeration to me. Ville Audio J and the guy on the first page about burps at 10k seem to be right.

The amount of power to sustain 10k for daily use seems pretty far up there in complexity compared to a standard setup. Hope you get it figured out and it sounds great!

I've never seen so many post deletions in my life //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
I don't know much about the XXX but 10k sustained seems like an exaggeration to me. Ville Audio J and the guy on the first page about burps at 10k seem to be right.

The amount of power to sustain 10k for daily use seems pretty far up there in complexity compared to a standard setup. Hope you get it figured out and it sounds great!
for sure. it cant handle 3k in a small box. everything was set right. i know someone will say it wasnt but it was.

I don't agree with that. This amp will take a ton of current regardless of how its installed. He will need a huge electrical to keep up. A cheap alt and a few batteries will only last for so long before the alt/batteries fail and then the amp is next.
Actually, no. The Warhorse has a current draw knob alongside the gain. It will effectively reduce the maximum concurrent amperes being pulled. A Warhorse can be run to act like a 2000w RMS amp, but that's just a waste of about $1000 worth of amp. It's also a huge waste of space as you could fit 4 2000w amps in the same space. The only thing doing this would have over say a good 2k is it would have absolutely beastly control over the sub(s) on it.

Actually, no. The Warhorse has a current draw knob alongside the gain. It will effectively reduce the maximum concurrent amperes being pulled. A Warhorse can be run to act like a 2000w RMS amp, but that's just a waste of about $1000 worth of amp. It's also a huge waste of space as you could fit 4 2000w amps in the same space. The only thing doing this would have over say a good 2k is it would have absolutely beastly control over the sub(s) on it.
Ah, I was unaware this amp had such an adjustment. I wonder how functional it is when using it.

I agree that would be waste.

its still made by kicker //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif id rather go with like 5 aq 2200s for a fraction of the cost and twice the quality.
Your blatant bashing of brands just to be cool expands beyond the realm of music and enters that of the car audio world. As much as people on these forums hate Kicker, the Warhorse is still a beast of an amp with an exceptionally high damping factor. Was it WAY over priced when it came out, yes. Is it anymore, no. Would it provide more clean power than 5 AQ2200s? Yes.

Ah, I was unaware this amp had such an adjustment. I wonder how functional it is when using it.
I agree that would be waste.
It's 100% functional. It essentially lets you run this thing up to the max electrical you have. Again, a huge waste comparatively to just getting smaller amps or getting the electrical needed to run it at full potential. However, with that said, I will be using this as a great way to break my new build in knowing that they'll get broke in on half of what they will run on once broke in.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.