how much watts are XXX-18 Soundstream Subwoofer really is at rms ???

How many runs of 1/0, 2/0, 3/0, 4/0 have you put into the equation? No way in Hades would I put that much audio into that car unless your dead set to do it... and by do it I mean properly, with enough of a beefed up electrical system (BATTS INCLUDED!!!) to back up what you have in mind.

You wanna run the warhorse properly? Realistic, MINIMUM amount of electrical your looking at 5-6 100+aH batteries and (at least 1) 270-300a alt.

can a warhorse even fit widthwise in the trunk of a camaro? let alone the 6-8cuft box needed for a SS XXX 18, AND another 5 batteries besides that?

no. not even close. try again kind sir. with system planning, and english.

Man I can't believe how much **** you people are giving him for asking a question. Shouldn't you be more focused on helping him rather than making fun of his grammar.

I am like 5 minutes outside of Baltimore, if you'd like to meet up I can help you out with any questions you might have as well is take you to a shop that I go to to get a few answers to things that I don't know. By the way it is true what rabbit has said about having to sacrifice for the weight if you want to go that big.

i have already a SOUNDSTREAM SCELL-1000 CAR AMP POWER CAPACITOR / BATTERY.. a Lanzar 100 Farad 12-16V Hybrid Double Car Capacitor.. i going to get a bigger alternator
You couldn't run a Warhorse on 1/10th its power, bro. I'm running 2 300A alternators, 4 1/0 runs from them to the battery bank and 8 Deka 9A31s to HOPEFULLY keep my Warhorse happy. You're looking at a good $3-4,000(even going 'cheap') just in electrical upgrades. You should seriously sell the Warhorse, run 2-3k RMS and save up until you can do this right. I won't be happy with you if you destroy the now discontinued Warhorse. Let someone who will take care of it have it.

what way that is ??? i have a 2010 camaro and i want keep my backseat.. that why i am trying to find a good sub for it.
Oh lord, didn't make it this far when I had my first post. You don't have enough room in a Camaro to properly support any 10k RMS system. You'll either have to wall behind the front seats and use the trunk for batts, or make do with a much smaller system. Do a couple of 15's or a single 18 on 2000w RMS. You'll be happy trust me.

You won't be happy if you ever ran 4000w RMS+ in that nice new shinny Camaro, as it would absolutely destroy it. There is a reason we all have SUVs, trucks and hatchbacks, we don't mind murdering them with the tunes.

Screw it, take the advice people have given you and be realistic. Or join SMD and maybe you'll win sotm over there after your car catches on fire from running St 8v. Minus the jokes everything people have said is true. You don't have the means of powering a warhorse. Doesn't even sound like you know what to do with it. In closing I say this, ditch the caps, try a different system, and for the love of God don't destroy that Camaro

Having to delete over half the posts in this thread does not make me a happy camper guys. This is the tech section, not the dome. It wont take seeing very many threads like this before I will feel obligated to stop giving warnings, and start giving infractions/bans. Not trying to be a hard ass, but you guys really should know better by now.

ok thanks for the good advice. i just want to do you something different with the car,plus i have the amp for almost a year and have done nothing with it. i just want ONE sub that can hold the amp. i am saving up for it to do it right. that why i came hear to ask. but people have more jokes then anything else. i want to keep my back seat and trying to not have the car to heavy and that why i have the soundstream SCELLS-1000 are a battery/cap. look at the info on it or resource yourself. and for the car its mines so i can do what i want to it , i did not say that about your cars people.

Having to delete over half the posts in this thread does not make me a happy camper guys. This is the tech section, not the dome. It wont take seeing very many threads like this before I will feel obligated to stop giving warnings, and start giving infractions/bans. Not trying to be a hard ass, but you guys really should know better by now.
Sorry, I think I only had one out of line post in this topic(hard to resist some times).

Nice to see that the tech section will be getting cleaned up though. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

ok thanks for the good advice. i just want to do you something different with the car,plus i have the amp for almost a year and have done nothing with it. i just want ONE sub that can hold the amp. i am saving up for it to do it right. that why i came hear to ask. but people have more jokes then anything else. i want to keep my back seat and trying to not have the car to heavy and that why i have the soundstream SCELLS-1000 are a battery/cap. look at the info on it or resource yourself. and for the car its mines so i can do what i want to it , i did not say that about your cars people.
Just sell off your batter/cap items and start over. It will **** to have to have all that weight back there, but there is not other way to keep that amp running. A small bank of Deka 9a31s would work, you can get them cheap if you buy the 2nds(refubs). You can pick them up for around 100-120 plus shipping each. They do weigh 61lbs.

Also, for the sub side. You would be better off getting two 12s to run off the amp. The weight difference will not be huge and you will have twice the motor to disipate the heat built up and it will be much easier to find 2 subs to run on that amp. Look at the DD9512s for that.

I think your expectations of a warhorse daily on 1 or even 2 subs is a bit far fetched and then to think you won't need the batteries to back it up just makes your situation not possible.

i am saving up for it to do it right. that why i came hear to ask. but people have more jokes then anything else... and for the car its mines so i can do what i want to it , i did not say that about your cars people.
I apologize for the inappropriate replies here. We are in the process of cleaning up the tech sections here to remove this sort of attitude from legit threads. If people want to tell you that you are making a mistake, they can certainly do so. But they simply need to do it in a respectful way. I hope this does not taint your experience here too much. Please be patient, things are improving, people will learn one way or another.

i remember reading in a mag, that the warhourse needs like 2 250amp alts, and 6 big batts.

i have a 89RS and i would never try to put 10kwatts in it, im going for 2 DC 8s cause i have my ranger to go big in.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.