How many watts should I get for a 4 channel amp for car speakers?

Any good amplifier from 50W - 150W can be used to great benefits on a wide range of speakers, even small tweeters, with proper care. Amplifiers are getting smaller while making the same amount or even more power than giant amplifiers that used to be the norm. Do you have a certain place in your vehicle in mind to mount an amplifier? Maybe you want to hide it behind a trim panel or under a seat.

Any good amplifier from 50W - 150W can be used to great benefits on a wide range of speakers, even small tweeters, with proper care. Amplifiers are getting smaller while making the same amount or even more power than giant amplifiers that used to be the norm. Do you have a certain place in your vehicle in mind to mount an amplifier? Maybe you want to hide it behind a trim panel or under a seat.
yea I was thinking under the seat, so should i get a 400 watt 4 channel amp (100x4, 50x4)? I don't want to blow them, I just wanna have them sounding clean and a little bass. I'm getting a subwoofer. Thanks everyone!

The link is to Best Buy's marketplace, which is similar to Amazon.com. JBL will not honor a warranty request on those speakers. Notice it says now "Caraudio Closeout" as the seller, not Best Buy. We can warranty JBL speakers but I can't match or beat that price.

Yes, a 100W x 4 amplifier will be fine on these speakers, but you need to look at the 2 ohm power output rating. 100W x 4 @ 2 ohms, not 100W x 4 @ 4 ohms. Clarion XC1410 would do 85W x 4 @ 2 ohms, which would be fine for GTO938.

The link is to Best Buy's marketplace, which is similar to Amazon.com. JBL will not honor a warranty request on those speakers. Notice it says now "Caraudio Closeout" as the seller, not Best Buy. We can warranty JBL speakers but I can't match or beat that price.
Yes, a 100W x 4 amplifier will be fine on these speakers, but you need to look at the 2 ohm power output rating. 100W x 4 @ 2 ohms, not 100W x 4 @ 4 ohms. Clarion XC1410 would do 85W x 4 @ 2 ohms, which would be fine for GTO938.
Okay thank you, I'ma check y'all out.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.