How Many Feet Does Your 2way Reach Your Car?

thats what they say but what do you get? i get about 2000ft inside, maybe a few hundred more ft outside. all i really wanted it for was to know if someone messed with my car while im at work and i'm always close enough there.

WOW that is a long way, I was already planning on getting an alarm but I didn't believe that they could really reach that much distance.

Now I really want a viper 791xv so I can start my car while it is in the parking lot.

My 791xv never can go as far as advertised. Range is also heavily affected in a building through walls as well. Best distance I got was after a football game and when my car was in clear view in the parking lot //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Maybe 1500 feet..

thank god for remote start

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

the best of the best for range is supposed to be the compustar cw2ss. (i think thats what its called, or else something very close)

they're pricey though, i paid 600 installed for mine and its the model under the ss. the shop quoted me 700 for the ss, but most shops will do it for about 100 cheaper, my local shop is a bunch of ********.

the best of the best for range is supposed to be the compustar cw2ss. (i think thats what its called, or else something very close)they're pricey though, i paid 600 installed for mine and its the model under the ss. the shop quoted me 700 for the ss, but most shops will do it for about 100 cheaper, my local shop is a bunch of ********.

and how many feet is the range to that?

http://www.compustar.org/security_with_remote_start.htm

the one i have says 3k feet, and it would probably get that much in a flat out open parking lot with a clear line of site, but thats just not normal conditions to use it in so i'd say 2k. i get that much from inside a bindery factory, with all sorts of concrete and machinery between my car and i. a lot of radio activity in there too from the forklifts. so i'd feel comfortable saying 4k-5k in most conditions with the 2wss. the remote is good sized though, mine gets on my nerves sometimes but it looks like the ss's is about the same size or a little smaller.

the viper's range isnt supposed to be even close to the compustar, but a lot of people like theirs.
compustars are amazing. i know people that go skiing/boaring three or four days a week in the winter and one of them has it on his durango and he can start his from the top of the mountain while his truck is back at the lodge. its funny cause some places they go you can see the durango at the lodge, nearly two miles away and the lights and stuff start coming on.

i have an crimestopper. Mine is suppose to be a mile long. But it is all condition dependent. Like if there a big transformer near by. But i get nice range where ever I go.

I`ve got a responder and was told it can reach up to 1/4 mile away.not sure how true that is,but i know i can be up in a lub and parked bout anywhere in the parking lot of the place n hit my alarm?starter with a hitch everytime.The only place i have probs with it,is in parking ramps.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.