how many do i need

Participant count
  • Participant list

larry

I am getting ready to drop three audiobahn 12s in a my car and i was wondering how many amps should i run. i want to stay with the sony that i have i have purchased a second xm-1002-hrx. do i need a third one? would it sound better if i run each woofer by itself? this my plan run three amps for, one for each woofer , and add one rockford fosgate cap(digital), and the four channel sony for my deck speakers. thanks for the help. oh is it possible to run these 3 woofers off of two amps. or is this less power

Without knowing the specs on the amp I would guess to say two amps for three subs should be sufficient. Of course you wouldnt be giving the power to each sub you would if you had one amp per sub. One for each sub is not always necessary, however like I said I dont know the specs on the amp or subs. Keep the four channel amp for the deck speakers is a good idea, again not know the specs, but if they are aftermarket speakers it definetly wont hurt. The cap is a good idea just make sure you get the right size.

depending on the amp specs, im not 2familiar with sony, i would personally attach 1 amp2each sub. Do the amps go down to 1 ohm at all or less??? (probbaly not less, id guess).

tell me more details, then id b able to help better.

I cant remember the specs but if u go to http://www.discountcarstereo.com and look at the XM-1002hx that is the one that I have the specs are listed. but here is some of the specs.100x 2 into 4 ohms, 280x 1 at 0.1, 100w x 2 into 1 hm . the cap im running is for 1000 watts. thanks for your reply. i want the max power i can get the speakers are 400 max (1251x audiobahns)

you will need three of the sony amps mentioned to get the best from your audiobahn subs. the subs probably have about a 200w rms rating and will need all the power your sonys can provide. you would be better off buying a better, more powerful amp to drive your subs. three sonys at about 180.00 equals 540.00. you can get a killer amp for that amount of money. get a rockford, jbl, mtx, just to name a few, which can handle the three subs and pound as well.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.