box size

Participant count
  • Participant list

rac_1974
10+ year member

L.V.
I replaced two cheap 10" with two 10" Jensen subs DVC at 4 ohms/coil (model sx1010). My problem is that the two cheap ones seemed to hit a little harder than the Jensens did. Do I need a bigger amp or do I need a different box, and if I do, what kind of dimensions do I need to max out my subs; sealed, ported, and bandpass(450 watts max/sub). Some dimensions would be a great help!!! I know a bigger amp would push them more, but if the cheap ones hit harder to begin with, I'd be better off putting the cheap ones back in with a bigger amp, but don't really want to.

sorry to be the one to break it to you... but... the jensens ARE the cheap ones. what brand are the other cheap ones?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

Absolutely. I am always learning and think it's probably impossible to stop learning. I appreciate the advice and don't doubt for a second the...
I'm trying to do 4 18 inch resilient sound platinums in a cpillar flat wall .4 to 5 cubes per was told they like 12 to 16 inches per cube . I have...
40-85l is about the size range most high powered 12" woofers will want for a box. You should use manufacturer suggested box specs unless someone...
I would like to a bandpass box wherein the subs are facing each other and each have their own sealed enclosure with the center section being the...
Start by laying the larger bottom panel in an open space, then slowly “dry” assemble it by laying the pieces where they go like a puzzle. It...

About this thread

rac_1974

10+ year member
rac_1974
L.V.
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from