How many DB's do you think?

DIPayton
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I just got most of my system in... just missing dynamat and an alarm... so there are intense rattles for now.

However, not counting that. How many DB's do you think I will hit with this system. I am thinking it sounds nice for a 1st setup... Nothing like the numbers most people are hiting on here but my cars a very SQ type car also (and again I am aware most people on this site's rape my system in all aspects). but here's what I got, what do you guys think? I'm getting it tested after I get some dynamat in there.

2 Infinity Kappa 12's... rated 350rms

powered by Infinity Reference 611a amp (puts out 668 Watts I think)

4 Infinity Kappa 6x8's rated 100rms

powered by Kicker 4 channel amp (50 Watts per chanel)

HU = Pioneer Premier deh-670mp

In dual ported box around 3.4 ft^3 tuned to around 38hz... (ordering a new box soon)

it's really nice sounding. I was even thinking of changing my 6x8 speakers to round speakers in the future... but for now, for a 1st system what do you think? And how many DB's do you think I should expect?

Infinity isnt gonna give you a whole lot of SPL. Maybe 130's? If tuned right and enough power maybe 135. Dont be expecting to see anywhere above 135(if that even) w 2 Kappa's....with the DVQ/VQ you could but not just Kappa's.

Great SQ though. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/imo.gif.3a57bcc70a4835dc53e86ffae1a0b041.gif

Infinity isnt gonna give you a whole lot of SPL. Maybe 130's? If tuned right and enough power maybe 135. Dont be expecting to see anywhere above 135(if that even) w 2 Kappa's....with the DVQ/VQ you could but not just Kappa's.
Great SQ though. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/imo.gif.3a57bcc70a4835dc53e86ffae1a0b041.gif
yeah thanks... 130 - 135 is even more than I was expecting... but that would be great for me. I am niot trying to impress anyone to be honest, I just want a clean smooth sound with Great SQ... sounds like I got that already.

ummm thanks I guess... should I include more info to help you out on knowing what I got or something? I am new to car audio so I dont know everything... but let me know..

we are not mics. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif

ummm thanks I guess... should I include more info to help you out on knowing what I got or something? I am new to car audio so I dont know everything... but let me know..

He said thta because people come on here evryday and ask the exact same thing.

WE HAVE NO IDEA

Im not trien to be a hard a$$ or anything just lettin ya know

There is no possible way anyone could tell you.
If I had to guess, lower than 130 on the tl with the mic on the windshield, and everything closed
yeah I have no clue where the mic will be... and I know nothing about that sound stuff and getting it tested to be honets. Thats why I dont have much info on it.. My friend just offered to take my car in and he said he'd get it tested... so I'm letting him take it in and do everything.

He said thta because people come on here evryday and ask the exact same thing.WE HAVE NO IDEA

Im not trien to be a hard a$$ or anything just lettin ya know
yeah I understand people ask all the time... but I've seen a lot of those people get answers and didn't think people minded the dumb post... sorry for the dumb post I guess.. I just wanted some other opinions and a rough guess of what I could get.

and a rough guess of what I could get.
And Jack Frost's post was about as close of an estimate as anyone could give you.

There is no answer to your question without putting it on a mic and finding out for yourself.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.