How many db?

Fiercetimbo17
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
dallas
I have a 13w7 ported tuned to 32 hz and i was just wondering around what it could hit. People allways ask me and i tell them i have no idea. Its in an integra too,

Also i know every situation will make subs put of different numbers (ie car, amps, enclosure) Im just wondering what you guys have seen just one do

Thanks

200 billion

Just tell them its loud and be done with it. It wont hit anything "impressive" for an SPL application due to the nature of the thing, and its tuned at 32, so thats gonna hurt you too. It really doesnt matter, tell them its loud, and then blast it. End of story.

ya dude...toooooo may factors that determine spl...no for sure until you get metered....

however u do have a quality sub NOT geared towards spl, a low tuned box better geared for music and NOT spl, and unless ur burping it with a **** ton of power and a strong ass electrical system (which is not a good idea of a dub7 anyways)....you're probly not looking at anything crazy. dont get me wrong, itll get loud to the ear......but things built with SPL in mind tend to get the job done better.

best thing when people ask, is say "sit in and tell me what you think"....a meter will read how loud it is, but tuned that low, don't expect huge numbers. It's great for street beating, and SPL for daily, but won't 'meter' that well...most will come to great conclusions, once they sit in and hear it. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

i had a girl sit in mine at lunch and proclaim 'it makes WIND!'

I gave her the gain knob to the 40 and opened it up.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

Yea i dont care much for spl, i just wanted to be able to give a reasonable ballpark answer, ill just stick to somewhere in the 130's

Thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.