How many channels do i need

skatman244

Portugal
Hi guys i have a 1991 Nissan Pickup truck, im currently looking to install a sound system in it.

I want to install 2 medium range speakers and 2 tweeters in the front, and 2 subwoofers in the truck bed.

I want to separate all the frequencies, so i want the tweeters to receive only high frequencies, the mediums to get only medium frequencies and the subs to get only low frequencies.

Im going to dedicate an amp to the medium and tweeters, and another separate amp to the subs.

My question is : How many channels do i have to have in my head unit to connect 2 amplifiers to it, and how can i separate the frequencies ( how to make the amplifiers filter the frequencies ).

Thank you in advance!

Alrighty!Do you absolutely disagree in connecting the tweeters directly to the head unit? That would save me so mutch money... =S
if you like distortion, low volume and no detail and overall horrible sound in the treble range then go ahead with head unit power. If you want the tweeter to sound like a proper tweeter, loud clear, smooth no distortion, amp it.

if you like distortion, low volume and no detail and overall horrible sound in the treble range then go ahead with head unit power. If you want the tweeter to sound like a proper tweeter, loud clear, smooth no distortion, amp it.
I have my tweeters connected to my headunit on an active Pioneer and it sounds very good, have you heard that setup before as it works good and is pretty common.

My tweeters play from 3.1K and up and the headunit has no issue supplying them.

To the OP that is a good plan and works well.

I have my tweeters on the headunit

My 6.5's on a 100x2 amp

and my subs on 2,000 watts

I have my tweeters connected to my headunit on an active Pioneer and it sounds very good, have you heard that setup before as it works good and is pretty common.

My 6.5's on a 100x2 amp

If that setup sounds good to you... then rock on... I'd look into an amp myself... the difference can be staggering... as others will attest to.

My 6.5's on a 100x2 amp

Ive done a setup like that with Alphard super tweets that sound decent but not knowing what drivers he uses and their efficiency along with the mvh580not having the same strong amplifier stage of the 80 prs, i seriously not recommend it. Its a recipe for disaster. Can it be done? Yes. But when you factor his equipment choices it does not work well together. Whole system design is more complex and to newbies you need to point them in the path of sure success

Ive done a setup like that with Alphard super tweets that sound decent but not knowing what drivers he uses and their efficiency along with the mvh580not having the same strong amplifier stage of the 80 prs, i seriously not recommend it. Its a recipe for disaster. Can it be done? Yes. But when you factor his equipment choices it does not work well together. Whole system design is more complex and to newbies you need to point them in the path of sure success
Alrighty then, i have spent the last few days looking for tweeters/mediums and an amp for them, and i still didn't find what i want.

When i have the equipment chosen i'll post it here to get your opinions on it, untill then, thank you very mutch for all the help from everyone!

From the bottom of my heart!

Alrighty then, i have spent the last few days looking for tweeters/mediums and an amp for them, and i still didn't find what i want.When i have the equipment chosen i'll post it here to get your opinions on it, untill then, thank you very mutch for all the help from everyone!

From the bottom of my heart!
try to look for silk dome tweeters that have a 92 db sensitivity.

Seriously though, I'd wait a few months for the car audio budget to grow so you can do everything right the first time and not go too cheap and having to upgrade later due to not being satisfied. That actually wastes more money in total compared to doing it right once the first time. Thats speaking from personal experience.

Unless you buy used then you can get the same money back when you sell it to upgrade so its not too bad.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.