How loud is the cooling fan on Arc 2500xxk?

MDXBLUE
10+ year member

AR
Arc 2500xxk users.

I am about to pull the trigger on this but found out about the cooling fan. There is no cooling fan on my Arc 2100XXK.

How loud is your amp's cooling fans? If I install it in the trunk of a mid size SUV, will I hear it at the driver seat when there is a pause in the music? The fan noise is no different than road noise. After I went through great length of effort of sound deadening, I hate to introduce unneccessary noice in the car!

Thanks

I have 2 4150XXK's. They are mounted in my trunk, if everything is sealed up I can't hear them - but if I open the passthrough to the trunk I hear the fans during quiet points. They are not very loud - but they have a very noticeable sonic signature. they kind of whine.

They are great amps, I am kind of surprised that the fans run all the time - I was under the impression they would only run when hot. Unless its just hot enough here in florida that they always run.

CBRWorm,

Sorry, I am not saying the fan run all the time. I have not own it yet.

explorer2,

Do you have any source for quiet fans? Any brand or model? Thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.