how loud is a car stereo legally allowed to be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will vary city to city. Here were I live its a joke, we can get fined if were bumpin higher then 74db. Now my question is how do the cops know when youve exceeded the limit? I really dont think they carry a professional mic.

if u can be heard 50 feet from ur vehicle ur screwed. just keep ur windows up and u'll be fine. people don't want to hear ur bass or ur music so care about them to, not just ur self.

I think it all depends on which area you are in. When i'm downtown or in the ghetto it's cool....outside of that I get strange stares //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/idea.gif.5acb6a39a9b92425414c316dda202bad.gif

I know here you can have your car taken if it is heard from 50 feet

if it has happen more than once to you. First time is a fine and

impound.

Around here its not too much of a hassle, then again most of us know where the cops hang out and to always keep one eye searching for patrol cars, and whenever you do see one, volume goes right down.

well, **** that...it really can't be true, 85 decibels is not ****. It's like a loud conversation...i mean most people can yell 80-100 db. So, it pissed me off to hear about that ****...but oh well i don't really need to worry...i play my system responsibly. peace

NG

no 85 is like. nothing. osha only deals with jobs and **** and theyre conservative because you shouldnt be FORCED to listen to anything around 90-100 db+
however, the threshold of pain is many many times that, at around 130db...
I was told 90 or so dBs is when you start getting hearing damage. Anyways I dont know what you mean by the "pain is many many times that, at around 130dB"... When Im in my moms car I crank my bass cds close to 120dB with her in the car!

I know it sounds like it is nonsense, but when the say 90dB is when you START to have hearing loss, thats different from saying "at 90dB you will start having those moments wear for like 5 minutes you cant hear much." I dont know how they find that stuff out but I'm guessing its like if you had to listen to a 16 khz sound measured at 90dBs at your ear for like 5 minutes, you'd start complaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...