How is the brand Pyramid?

What do I compare them to??? Probably what I just flushed down the toilet!!!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Originally posted by kingpin_jeffie putting pyramid into your setup is like fusing your knees straight and trying to run a race

your just screwing yourself
No, but putting pyramid in your set up and getting it to sound good sure does piss off people that spend 5x as much and sound the same as u or worse //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

i guess 1 pyramid 15 is as good as my type r 15......lol, why???? just save the cash and do it right the first time

I really didnt want to get into a debate with everyone but I have to agree with n2audio. I think that too many people are putting more emphasis on a name brand than on specifications of the components that they are using. I'm not saying that all of Pyramids products are top of the line or that they all are really reliable but I have had experience with them in my installs, and I think that some of thier components cannot be beat for the price that you pay for them. I have been installing systems since 1990 and just finished another competition vehicle here in San Antonio and I have 2 10" 1000rms Audiobahns and Pyramids PB2400D mono block amp and at the last competition I registered 147.2db and beat the pants off of the new Fosgates in my same class. So people that knock the equipment that I run, keep laughing and I'll keep winning, just like when I took 1st last friday.

The reason why we knock Pyramid is b/c it is NOT reliable. That is the TRUTH. You come on down to NC and listen to my Juggernaut when I get it, and you won't be wanting to face me in comps...

Reliability is a factor in every decision you make in deciding what components to add to your system, but as for reliability I have had that amp in my car for the past year and have had no problem and if I did Pyramid has an Unconditional 2 year warranty with this amp so I don't know what to tell you. You do have to admit that 147.2 is very competitive for running 2 10" subs in the IASCA circuit. I would also be more than happy to come out and compete against you with any 2 10"'s that you have. Garanteed I'll give you a run for your money.

I'm talking 1 15 inch Juggernaut...I love a good challenge...it will be a while, b/c I have not built my box for it yet. I guarantee over 150 in my Ranger though, b/c it is a std cab.

You have the same Idea as me. I think that I would do better in competition if I could limit cone movement from 2 to 1 cone, and I think one 15" is the way to go. Right now I still have some fine tuning to do before the next IASCA event on the 17th of July in Houston. My goal is to break the 150db barrier. I know some people have done it already and with my last system I was close with two MA 10's 148.7 but thats the best I have ever done and right now I just flat cannot compete with the big boys running tons of subs and amps. Too rich for my blood. I do however have a good feeling about this setup.

****, out of MA Audio subs??? You are an expert installer...you have my respect!!!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Since 97' most of my installs have been with ANABA products. You know MA, AUDIOBAHN, DIGITAL AUDIO, AND VISONIK. Thanks for the compliment. Necessity was the mother of invention for me though. Oh, don't get me wrong, I wanted other things but could not afford them at the time so we made due and then after awhile I just started to like them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.