How I made my speakers louder, FOR CHEAP!!!

Would you try this technique?

• Total voters
I took some weatherstripping and cut it in half longways and placed one half on the face of my speaker around the mounting holes. Had to use a few drops of super glue the adhesive on there wouldn't hold very long. On the backside of my door panel the plastic ring the stock speaker sat inside had to be removed. Cut it out and added a full width piece of weatherstripping around the grill area. Weatherstripping on the speaker face and backside of the door panel meet up when the door panel is in place so now i have a nice seal.

I took some weatherstripping and cut it in half longways and placed one half on the face of my speaker around the mounting holes. Had to use a few drops of super glue the adhesive on there wouldn't hold very long. On the backside of my door panel the plastic ring the stock speaker sat inside had to be removed. Cut it out and added a full width piece of weatherstripping around the grill area. Weatherstripping on the speaker face and backside of the door panel meet up when the door panel is in place so now i have a nice seal.
Sounds great. Have any pics?

Didn't take any. The cheap super glue didn't work that well so a little pressure is the only thing holding it in place. Need an adhesive that bonds to plastic which is what the outer edge of my speakers is made of so the weatherstripping bonds to it.

Didn't take any. The cheap super glue didn't work that well so a little pressure is the only thing holding it in place. Need an adhesive that bonds to plastic which is what the outer edge of my speakers is made of so the weatherstripping bonds to it.
yeah it bonds to plastic with no problem

Very satisfied with my install. The performance of my component speakers sounds much better than it did before. Stuff works!

Since I was persuaded to go with another set of 6.5s as oppose to superstweeters, I'll have 2 6.5s in each of my front doors. I installed the first pair in the original stock location. Anybody have a good suggestion on where to install the second set without it being in the way? I got some ideas, but I just wanted to bounce this off some folks with more experience in this area.

Here's a pic of a Chevy Impala front door:

http://www.bodyshopzone.com/archives/trim/door_panels/Chevy/Impala_2002/dpcimp02aro_Chevy_Impala_2002.jpg

Do a FG pod for both of them, down where the stock grill/map pocket are. I've done a set of Impala doors, not that bad to work with...
Yeah, I figured I'd have to make pods for both and not just one. I was trying to avoid it, but that's cool. You got any pics of the impala doors you've done?

It'll be my first time doing custom FG pods so I'm looking forward to it. It's a lot of sanding, but I look forward to the project.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...