How hard to install

The MARS 22 is actually one of the best remote start units you can buy....

I've sold thousands of them and no issues as long as you use a tach wire....

the MARS 32 is a little bit different.... i dont like the combo unit...go with a dei unit for a combo piece...

the mars 22 was the first remote start i ever installed and i didnt have any problems at all. i just installed one of the new excalibar remote start alarm combos a couple of days ago and it was very nice. I install dei products every day and they are the best but omegas new products are pretty good also

The MARS 22 is actually one of the best remote start units you can buy.... I've sold thousands of them and no issues as long as you use a tach wire....

the MARS 32 is a little bit different.... i dont like the combo unit...go with a dei unit for a combo piece...
So hold on you are saying that this 60 dollar alarm is better than a viper or my hornet 564t alarm?

was going with T- taps
You going to t tap a remote start?

Alarms only work correctly when correctly installed, your probably going to need to use a relay for ign 2, but other than that everything is pretty basic. But make sure you get a tach no voltage ****.

If you didnt understand everything i just said take it somewhere and have it done...

So hold on you are saying that this 60 dollar alarm is better than a viper or my hornet 564t alarm?

Wow you really didn't read anything I typed did you?!

For the cost of a MARS 22 plain remote start keyless entry...you can not beat them... I have been an installer for the last 12 years of my life... I have installed everything from DEI, OMEGA, CRIMESTOPPER, AUTOPAGE, ASTROFLEX, UNGO (PRE DEI), BLACKWIDOW, AUDIOVOX, ....you name it when it comes to remote start or alarms I have done them.....

The MARS 22 is great for the price of it....

The MARS 32 is NOT so great .... the combo piece always seems to do something funny! Most commonly they drop the antenna and have to be replaced... that is why for an ALARM & REMOTE START COMBO I SELL AND INSTALL DEI.....

For a plain Jane remote start, the MARS unit is fine... works like a champ and out of the past 2 remote start seasons I have had to send 3 back....compared to the 4 DEI units I have had to send back I think your argument is a little mute...

I do teach my newbs how to do alarms/RS on Civics but go with a viper/Clifford/Hornet system (lifetime warranty FTW).

If you were ever going to do anything correctly in your life (not saying you haven't) soldering a RS/Alarm would be that one thing. DO NOT use t-taps unless you don't want to RS your car after 8 hours of trying to install it.

I think you might need a bypass for that year as well. Do you have a fat key?

Go to BB or Car Toys (or local shop) and pay 400 for a RS Alarm Installed w/ bypass.

I do teach my newbs how to do alarms/RS on Civics but go with a viper/Clifford/Hornet system (lifetime warranty FTW).
If you were ever going to do anything correctly in your life (not saying you haven't) soldering a RS/Alarm would be that one thing. DO NOT use t-taps unless you don't want to RS your car after 8 hours of trying to install it.

I think you might need a bypass for that year as well. Do you have a fat key?

Go to BB or Car Toys (or local shop) and pay 400 for a RS Alarm Installed w/ bypass.
I agree with you man

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.