Can I put an alarm in my car?

Participant count
  • Participant list
I have a 1992 Saturn SL2. It doesn't have power locks or anything. Looking at alarms they all say about how you can unlock and start the car remotely. Can I get an alarm for my car or not?
Yes, you can. Most alarms made now, offer the convenience of customization whether or not your vehicle has it already.

Alright awesome. I definitely need an alarm since this car already got stolen once without someone even having to break into it. Apparently with this car and the year of it it's easy for people to get keys that work for all of them. That was also back in Modesto, CA which is like the number 1 city for car thefts, but I'm not gonna take the chance especially all the expensive audio stuff I'm installing soon.

Alright thanks. Best Buy seems to be the only place around where I live that does this kinda stuff, I'll have to look around a little bit more. How good will Best Buy be for this?

if your car is that easy to steal i'd find someplace a lil better then best buy. someone that specializes in car audio and security. they may even know a way to keep your key issue problem at bay.

take it to a good shop and have them do the alarm along with power locks and might as well get some power windows done whole you are there. I would say $300 or $400
i dpnt know what shop that is but that would be an impossible deal

Alright thanks. Best Buy seems to be the only place around where I live that does this kinda stuff, I'll have to look around a little bit more. How good will Best Buy be for this?
Read my post on quality of Alarm Installations and bring it to whoever you want to install the alarm.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.