how does this setup sound?

Sell the amp, sell the capacitor.

I know what you were "told" about the capacitor, and it's wrong. It doesn't do anything. Here, read and learn why: :: NANOPULSER.COM.SG ::

For everything else you wanna learn, check out this site: Basic Car Audio Electronics

This amp will do more power than your current amp, and be of better build quality, and cause less drain on your electrical. That's what I would go with if I had to buy something brand new in your budget. That's the most quality power you'll get. And it's efficient enough that your electrical should handle it no problem.

Personally, I'd buy used of course, as it opens up your options tenfold.

Decent budget... Something that does around 1500 or so at 1 ohm will work well for you... Used Sundown' date=' AQ, Crescendo, Digital Designs, or DC just to name a couple brands to look in to...[/quote']
i'm also told that i need to use a 2 farad cap with this setup, is that true? i was told "yes you will need a capacitor or you will burn up your alternator and voltage regulator as well as your battery". is this true?

i'm also told that i need to use a 2 farad cap with this setup, is that true? i was told "yes you will need a capacitor or you will burn up your alternator and voltage regulator as well as your battery". is this true?
Nahhhh read the post above... Do the big 3 and maybe a second batt though

He's one of those brand new only guys.

i'm also told that i need to use a 2 farad cap with this setup' date=' is that true? i was told "yes you will need a capacitor or you will burn up your alternator and voltage regulator as well as your battery". is this true?[/quote']
And whoever told you that is seriously misinformed on the purposes of a capacitor, and their use in the car audio world. I would take everything they say with a grain of salt. You will definitely benefit from a Big 3 upgrade, much cheaper than any silly capacitor.

And whoever told you that is seriously misinformed on the purposes of a capacitor, and their use in the car audio world. I would take everything they say with a grain of salt. You will definitely benefit from a Big 3 upgrade, much cheaper than any silly capacitor.
what's a big 3 upgrade? and would/do i need a 2nd battery?

what's a big 3 upgrade? and would/do i need a 2nd battery?
I doubt you'd need a second battery. If you do, you can always get one later down the road. It's not a make or break kinda deal at this power level. I'm running 1600w with just one crumby battery.

Type in Big 3 Upgrade in google or youtube or on here and there's endless gobs of information.

Since you seem determined to buy this lot o' snot--- even after reading that the enclosure is incorrectly made/sized, the 2/0 wire is overkill, and the cap is useless--- I'm sure that my advice won't be worth the time it takes me to type it.

Non the nonce, you'd be much better off to save the $300 you're getting ready to waste on this "system" , and add that to the $300 you're willing to spend on a decent amp. Keep that $600 in your pocket while you read and research on here regarding a good starter system for your ride, and complete your Big Three with 1/0 wiring, max.

Spend your money on used equipment, one piece at a time; once you've decided on subs, you can then choose the right amp to power them, and size the box to your specific subs, your SUV, and your listening tastes. At the power range you are currently looking at, you'll do fine with 4ga internal wiring.

You're not going to get alot for $600, but if you do your own install you can do a dayum sight better than that clabbered-together mess you're getting ready to buy...

I have a brand new Arc Audio FD 1200.1 for sale for $250 shipped. It would push those subs nicely. This is the link to my for sale thread with pics:http://www.caraudio.com/forums/amplifier-classifieds/550748-arc-audio-fd-1200-1-brand-new-box-%24250-shipped-firm.html

Here are the specs:

WoofersEtc.com - FD 1200.1 - ARC Audio 1 Channel 1010 Watt Amplifier

But honestly, all in all. I would sell the gear for at least what you have in it and start from scratch. For around a grand you can have a really nice setup.

Woooooo 2 40amp fuses on a 2000rms amp... Hmmmm let me do some math........ NM not worth the time.. But just to give u an idea on a good day and some help from that so called God we have in the sky it might do 700watts and thats a big MIGHT...

Not to beat a dead horse but those subs, box and amp are just flat out POS....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.