Whats the best way to break a firewall

Heel4lyfe
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
home
I have an 06 Altima. been looking around for about 3 hours for a grommet to push the 0 ga wire through.

Finally came to the conclusion that I need to drill a hole throught it.

question to the audio guru's out there is: what bit would work the best for getting through the firewall

innie minnie minny mo thats what i do lol jk just look there should be one there covered by a plug so it doesnt look like its open but it will be. might have to remove the board but there should be a hole

An easy way on these is to remove your front tire, remove the rain guard around the inside of the wheel well and theres a small grommet right behind the rain guard.

Haven't been here in a while. It looks like people still need to be spoon fed for even the simple things. If you're not going to find where the wire harness goes through, grab any metal drill bit that's bigger than the wire. Is it really that hard to figure out? I probably should mention you'll need to get a grommet for the hole you make to protect the wire since you probably wouldn't figure that out either.

unibit, on your altima you should have a spot on the firewall that shows you where you can put the hole. all the newer nissans seem to have it. if you got a compressor and a air chisel that'll probably be easier depending on what kind of grommet you're using.

Unibit or step bit will help prevent the bit from puncturing what ever is on the other side of the firewall. Always be sure to check both sides before drilling, and yes use a good grommet so your cable's insulation dosnt ware down to the copper.

I have an 06 Altima. been looking around for about 3 hours for a grommet to push the 0 ga wire through.
Finally came to the conclusion that I need to drill a hole throught it.

question to the audio guru's out there is: what bit would work the best for getting through the firewall
to break it? prob by hitting something solid at a high speed head on. to put a small hole through it? a fckin drill dude.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.