How do you assemble a box?

So what exactly are you trying to prove to me? I seriously doubt you built that box. I've been building/assembling enclosures for years.....got some exp behind me. In fact I can install an amp or two.
Can you install an amp?
I've installed amps and built speaker cabinets before. It's not rocket surgery. I paid my installer guy to install these amps and build this simple little box. I'm not trying to prove anything to you or anyone else.

John Kuthe...

Ok I finished building the box. From start to finish with 4 clamps it took me about 4 hours. I just used Titebond 3 and clamps. Then I used caulk around all the seams on the inside. And I just used some #8 coarse thread drywall screws to screw in the sub.

Box is sturdy. Just too small. I thought 1.5 cubic feet was the maximum size for a sealed box for this 15" sub but it is actually around the minimum. I'm gonna build a 2 cube sealed box for it this weekend except I'm gonna buy 10 more clamps so I can do more than one piece at once.

But really this **** is loud on anything above like 38hz. The lows are **** though because the box is too small I think. Either that or the sub isn't meant for lows. I think it does like a 140-145 from 40hz to 60hz. It really is loud for one $60 15" in a small sealed box on 300 watts

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.