how do you add a second battery?

Participant count
  • Participant list

SmokeAlot
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
nowhere
hi...i have a redtop under the hood right now and my stock battery is just laying around in the garage...its a prostart battery.....i wanna put it in my trunk buh i dont kno how too...i think i have a clue...do you just hook up a distro block to the power line..have 2 power lines going from the distro block to the amp and the battery..and ground the battery? is that how?

What you need to buy is a battery isolator with a monitor on it so they can charge seperatly (better for your alt) and so that they dont kill each other!!!!..

Stinger makes a nice one I think its SR200... and then pick up a monitor for it...easy install.........power wire to it, then power to one battery fused , then power to the other batter fused.

Hope this helps you any other Q's or anything I missed feel free to ask or someone else may clue in here.

Jay

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.