how do these guts stack up?

Why in the world would you say it doesnt work? Please read my post agai, cqrefully. It works flawlessly, ill say it again...im only interested in sending it to rf to have it refurbed (inspected and any questionable parts replaced) in the intrest of continued longetivity!
I dont mind spending money restoring amps. Something i enjoy doing! I do thank you for your input, though! (I mean that honestly!) I do have larger more powerful, newer amps, fwiw.
Well in all my years I've never heard of a person say their amp works 100% flawless let's send it in to get refurbed... Still scratching my head at that one

Well in all my years I've never heard of a person say their amp works 100% flawless let's send it in to get refurbed... Still scratching my head at that one
Sorry. Its a quite common thing to do in vintage audio. Over time caps swell, values Change, gair pots get scratchy, etc. i just got some old kicker amps back from kicker for the same thing, before that it was some diamond d7s . The phoenix phorum used to have a bunch of people who did this to their amps (from new internals to new screenprinted adjustment text), etc. Ppi arts, etc. i understand your position, and respect your input, but youre misinformed if you think the only reason to rebuild is a serious problem!

those where pretty nice amps. you could probably upgread the internals for 120 bucks and get nearly double the power. looks like it has some good parts in it for sure..
Hmm, any suggestions as to a good place to send it if rf wont mess with it

man i've been out of it so long. i don't even know anyone here anymore.. guy who used t own lunar amps used to work for RF as a repair tech but he went outta biz and i dont know anyone whos really good at rebuilding.

REPAIRS

im pretty sure he still does repairs. Id talk to him first.. im sure he can slap some IR to-220s and some Panasonic caps in there and it will KICK ASSS

man i've been out of it so long. i don't even know anyone here anymore.. guy who used t own lunar amps used to work for RF as a repair tech but he went outta biz and i dont know anyone whos really good at rebuilding.REPAIRS

im pretty sure he still does repairs. Id talk to him first.. im sure he can slap some IR to-220s and some Panasonic caps in there and it will KICK ASSS
Ooh i forgot about zed! Ill call em monday, thanks!

Looks like a paper weight to me.. Trash that sh1t
Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk
please troll elsewhere. you're free to have an opinion, but id ask you to have some basis for it, and a reasonable explanation other than "looks like ****".. why does it look bad to you? do the parts look substandard? sloppy assembly? or...

and that's coming from someone who trolls a lot themselves. the guys looking for honest discussion

You have ******* junk compared to rf. Audioque is barely above lowend.. Rf makes some of the best amos on the market.
please troll elsewhere. you're free to have an opinion, but id ask you to have some basis for it, and a reasonable explanation other than "looks like ****".. why does it look bad to you? do the parts look substandard? sloppy assembly? or...
and that's coming from someone who trolls a lot themselves. the guys looking for honest discussion
The ballz are dangling for you two

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

if you like fixing old amps i say do it..

many people just trash old amps.

its like old cars/truck. i wish people would fix them or sell them to someone that will.

keep that stuff alive.

so i thank you for that.

i also love that old schools rf, kicker, ect....

that when stuff was dam good.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.