How do I bypass factory amp?

Participant count
  • Participant list
I have a 2000 monte carlo ss and my speakers are getting no sound and every once in a while fade in and out. I have a aftermarket kenwood deck, Polk audio front speakers and stock rear speakers. Haven't had a problem before now. I have come to the conclusion that my factory amp is going bad. After reading about this I think I will have to "bypass" the amp... How exactly would I do this. I'm a little confused as to what it means and how to do it. Someone please help me out!

You can either replace the factory amp with an aftermarket amp, or you can bypass the factory amp and have the Kenwood drive your speakers directly. Which do you want to do?

Also, do you know how the Kenwood is interfaced to the factory amp currently? i.e. are you using the HU speaker outputs through a line-out converter (LOC)? or are you using the HU's line-level pre-outs (RCAs) to drive the factory amp?

What model Kenwood decK?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.