How Do Custom Recone ?

Participant count
  • Participant list

cockerchrisjoe
10+ year member

Hello All,

I am hoping you guys can help out with this one . So I currently have 3 JL Audio 8W6 Subwoofers in my truck box, I believe is 4.0cu tuned to 36hz and the woofers work great but the surrounds/foam starting to go on them . I was hoping i would be able to rebuild these like any other subwoofer with beefier soft parts . Has anyone had any experience at this ? is it possible or do i have to go with a OE recone kit ? I see some people here have build custom woofers with Sundown audio/ American Bass / FI audio parts and i would love to be able to do the same to these as there not bad woofers . Nothing compared to my FI Fully loaded but still good . I have some pictures below of examples of woofers.

They look fine in the pictures. I wouldn't really bother with making them custom.

As far as I know, you can order new surrounds for them. This is one of those things where if you have to ask, don't try it. If you really want to get good custom subs, send them somewhere to experienced people. If you want a learning experience, tear them down, measure the gap, then build them up. Do lots of research first and ask the difficult questions on here

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.