Infinite baffle suggestions

Participant count
  • Participant list

UMWDawg92
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Missoula, MT
Hey its been awhile since I posted here. I Just picked up a new car, 2010 Ford Taurus SHO. It has the premium sound system which is actually quite good for a stock setup. My problem is it lacks on the lowend. It has nice midbass and the highs are pretty clear and loud. Yes aftermarket gear could easily out perform it but for now I just need some lows.

I am looking at putting some 8's or 10's in the rear deck where the factory 6x9s are and running a trunk baffle setup. I'm not looking for huge numbers here. I am wanting to save space and weight by doing a rear deck setup. This car is a heavy beast and doesn't need another 100+lbs of gear. It has a massive trunk but I tend to haul large things around often and need the space.

My previous car was a 2014 Focus ST and I had 3 Sundown sd8s on a SAZ1200 in a sealed box. My build log is on here somewhere. I am looking for something similar to that setup, less volume is ok as I rarely pushed that setup to its limits.

SO after all that my question is, what are some good IB sub's both in 8's and 10's or alternatively some 8's that play well in tiny sealed boxes. I'm thinking about glassing tiny pods to the rear deck.

Amp will come after I decide on subs, I have several hanging around or will buy one to match. I'm looking to spend max of about $300 on a pair of woofers and yes I will buy used.

My main contenders now are ID8, Type R8, SD-8, SD-3 10, Infinity 860w, IDctx10

Last edited by a moderator:
Out of those for infinite baffle I would go with id.
I'm leaning that way right now, I found a used set for sale for an awesome price. I need to pull the deck and make some measurements to make sure 10's will fit without crazy modifications. The deck looks plenty large enough just looking.

Yeah if you can get the id at a good price they will great and should have no problem being loud enough for you.
I've always been impressed with IDs speakers that I've owned. My main concern is probably volume, as I've never played with a trunk baffle setup before and have no clue what to expect out of it. I've always been a woofer in box person. I was happy with 2 sealed 8's so if IB would be close to that in volume I'd be happy.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.