How did i blow my 12inch Kicker Solo X?

As a former Solo X 12 owner let me jump in here and say that with certainty, they will not take 5k RMS each. Mine smoked in 30s on 5k of my Warhorse. My box was gigantic, otherwise they will take 2500w each clean. I repeat, they never have been capable of 5k each on the 12s and once the proper surround SPAIRS came out, they were actually re-rated to 1500w RMS and not 2500w.

The 18s (which were a larger coil and a monstrous motor) were changed from 5k RMS to 3500w RMS. The new figures were much more accurate.

If rebuilt by a proper sub builder w/ good soft parts, I would assume Ronal, Dave, Dean or the likes could make the 10/12 motors a 3k RMS sub and the 18 motors a 4k-4500w RMS sub. With OEM softs, there's no way.

3.5" coil can thermally take around 3-3500 with proper cooling and if the suspension is up to the task. Square cones are not the best for high power handling situations.

I handed out no infractions for these posts. However, this is not the dome. Please take your antics and trolling there.

If these posts continue infractions/bans will be issued.

If u can find a recone for a 12in solo x u let me know...
Yeah my car audio guy just calls kicker and orders it. It'll be here in 3weeks. Then when i get it i'll be having some shop tune my amp for me with that/those crazy device's i do not have in order to make it sound good. Make a vid or 2 when i get this all done for you guys and your help. Thanks gangsta's.

solo x 18"on two kx2500.1's strapped when they first came out think it was getting around 4000wrms, reverse mounted in a trunk of a black hsv senator signature 300, and that thing was nutts. and had no dramas with blowing up the sub ect (although he never really cranked it or compeated in shows.

jus my 2 cents worth (also this 18"was rated at 5000wrms)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.