How come my subs cut out for a second and then come back on?

where do I buy the power wire and ground at to replace the stock wires?
you can use the same power and ground wire that you are using for your amp. you dont replace the factory wires but add the new wire on top of having the factory wire in place.

wait, you can use 4 gauge to do the big 3? will that help any?
shure it will. he only has a 750.1 so 4 ga will work just fine. hell even 8ga will work. imo if your running more than 1.2k rms total then you should step up to 0ga but anything under 4 ga will be just fine.(of course it never hurts to over do it;))

I was going to explain in detail but i am afraid he just doesnt understand well enough.

go do some reading then anything you dont understand you can ask me directly via pm and i will explain it thoroughly.

but dont waste money on an overpriced pos optima battery, for 120 shipped you can buy an hc600 that has more power than any optima does and optimas run upto 220 each depending where you buy.

i know I will prolly get flamed for calling Optimas a pos but trust me on it, i live right close to where they are made in aurora colorado and i know tons of people that work there and they would never buy 1 for many reasons.

Could my subs be cutting out because it's hot outside and the amp is getting hot?
If that were the case, then it wouldn't stop when you shut your high beams off, or unplug your charger.

It's a voltage problem. The power/ground wire you use for your amp is the wire you use to do the big three. Do that.

Yesterday I was driving with my high beams on and after a while my subs started to cut out and then come back on and it did this repeatedly. I turned off the beams and the problem went away. Today, I was driving and charging my cell phone and my subs started to cut out and then come back on. I took out my phone charger and the problem went away. I haven't done any upgrades to my electrical system. I drive a 1996 Camry and have a Kicker ZX750.1 amp and 2 CVR 12s. What could the problem be? I plan on doing the big three upgrade sometime soon and then eventually getting an Optima Yellow Top.
They are just tired and needed a break.

Tell them to eat their veggies.

I was going to explain in detail but i am afraid he just doesnt understand well enough.go do some reading then anything you dont understand you can ask me directly via pm and i will explain it thoroughly.

but dont waste money on an overpriced pos optima battery, for 120 shipped you can buy an hc600 that has more power than any optima does and optimas run upto 220 each depending where you buy.

i know I will prolly get flamed for calling Optimas a pos but trust me on it, i live right close to where they are made in aurora colorado and i know tons of people that work there and they would never buy 1 for many reasons.
optimas arent the best batts around but if u wanna run to the autoparts store and buy a batt, its pry one of the best batts u can buy.

I'll explain what his problem is in layman's terms. A 1996 Toyota Camry has an 80 amp maximum output alternator stock from the factory. 80 amps is NOT enough to run the 750 watts RMS AND the accessories in the car at the same time. If you keep sending your amp into low voltage protection, I can guarantee you that it won't be long before it doesn't come out!

What is the fuse on that Kicker amplifier? IIRC, it is 80 Amps. Your alternator only provides 80 charging amps... See a problem here?

A similar setup of mine did that when I chassis grounded the amp. It was not one of my repairs, but someone else's. They forgot to hook up the chassis ground wire in the amp, so it had a ground loop of the short. I removed the metal mounting screws and it worked fine. Check and see if when you remove the mounting for the amp it goes away.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.