How can I make my system louder?

Skar'dSensless

CarAudio.com Newbie
Feb 23, 2020
USA - Texas
I am running dual Skar 15" EVL series 5000 Watt subs in a Skar factory ported box with a Skar SKVS 3500.1d monoblock amp in a 2015 Dodge Ram 1500 QuadCab. The system sounds pretty good as it is, but it just doesn't seem to be as loud as it should be. With a system this size I think I should be able to rattle the walls of building around me, but I'm only getting good sound maybe 10 feet from the truck. Would a sealed box make it any louder?

Popwarhomie

Team Lethal Pressure
10+ year member
Jan 22, 2010
FL
Because Skar...

I clicked on box info but nothing shows up. It looks way too small for two 15s from the pictures. Also did you upgrade your electrical? Anything over 1500ish rms needs some electrical upgrades. You have a volt meter installed?

Oldmang

CarAudio.com noob
Aug 11, 2019
Az
Do you have pics of the system as it sits in there currently?
I'm assuming this is the enclosure...

Plus @ 1ohm id wager that Skv3500 is clamping 2k at best... Less if your electrical is subpar.

OP
S

Skar'dSensless

CarAudio.com Newbie
Feb 23, 2020
USA - Texas
Because Skar...

I clicked on box info but nothing shows up. It looks way too small for two 15s from the pictures. Also did you upgrade your electrical? Anything over 1500ish rms needs some electrical upgrades. You have a volt meter installed?
I upgraded to a Mechman alternator and added a XS D3400 battery. I took a screenshot of the box specs.

Attachments

Reactions: Popwarhomie
OP
S

Skar'dSensless

CarAudio.com Newbie
Feb 23, 2020
USA - Texas
Do you have pics of the system as it sits in there currently?
I'm assuming this is the enclosure...
View attachment 20591
View attachment 20592
Plus @ 1ohm id wager that Skv3500 is clamping 2k at best... Less if your electrical is subpar.
Yes, this is the box. It is currently sitting on its back with the subs firing up. And I did change to a Mechman alternator and added an XS D3400 battery

SlugButter

CarAudio.com VIP
Nov 5, 2019
arizona
Running it through software, it appears that they are manufactured as sealed subs, optimally. 3.5 cubes sealed according to my software. 6.5 cubes ported, which is a fairly large box for a 15. Not very efficient subs on the box size.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Trending topics

Latest classifieds