How Bad Is this Amp Blown? (Blown Saz 3000 W/Pics)

Good luck with the repair. No repair shops in my area and I think I checked DB-R and the didn't fix JBL amps. I just happened to meet up with Robert Rayfield of Linear Power/Blues Audio while he was in Oklahoma getting parts made for his new amps. I know he'll do me right, he quoted me $80-$120. The hardest part is I just installed a new system (except amp) when it went bad and it will be the first week in December before I get it back. No tunes makes every trip soooo long and I have to actually listen to my wife, headphones on my blackberry just don't do it.
lmao

cusrious as to why nobody uses fuses in their amps anymore to prevent this, i had an audiobahn a2200hct that i did that to, hooked up the power and ground backwards on accident, it sparked pretty big but just blew all the fuses, replaced the fuses and was good to go, i suppose cause it would need 10 30a fuses, guess i answered my own question lol

cusrious as to why nobody uses fuses in their amps anymore to prevent this, i had an audiobahn a2200hct that i did that to, hooked up the power and ground backwards on accident, it sparked pretty big but just blew all the fuses, replaced the fuses and was good to go, i suppose cause it would need 10 30a fuses, guess i answered my own question lol
I will be using them from here on out..lol. btw everybody who has tried to help me in some way, i really appreciate it. thanks for all the tips/support ect

It's a very repairable unit -- the board isn't damaged; just has some black on it as MOSFETs tend to shoot out a bit of flame when they go out. Most of the black will wipe off the board with a dab of cleaner.
Some shops will replace that one chip and call it a day if it works. Others will replace them ALL to make sure no other parts have minor damage as yet to be detected; this is the main reason for vast price differences.
Thanks Sundownz i really appreciate it man

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.