D1 or D2 Voice Coil?

Participant count
  • Participant list
But if i get D1s how would i have them wire to 2ohms? Wouldnt i want D2s if I want 2ohms?
Its called wiring in series. D2 would only let you wire at 1 or 4, a D1 allows you to wire to .5 and 2

You want 2, so get a D1 and look up how to wire in series, many diagrams available.

i gotcha, just worked 13 hours after 4 hours of sleep.

That RF calculator is thinking you are wiring both subs to one amp. use it for one sub, since one sub will be hooked up to one amp. It's the load the amp is seeing, not across the board!

Same amp I got I would run it at 2ohms so it raises efficientcy and you still get roughly the same power so I would go with d1s on each amp at 2 ohms.

well i dont know the amps are they strapable? if they are, and 2ohm stable each then they will be 4ohm staped.
It has a pass through option (RCA) on the amp. does that mean its strapable?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.