How bad is it to be wired like this?

Participant count
  • Participant list

unstable119

Is this bad? No signs of anything bad happening.

I have some distribution blocks but theyre the fused kind. idk what fuses I should have or if I should get unfused blocks

29pvujl.jpg

I can't comment on how that wiring affect the circuit, but I hope you've got thick wiring. Also, when you fuse you fuse to the wire's amperage to protect the wire from damage, not the gear.

I can't comment on how that wiring affect the circuit, but I hope you've got thick wiring. Also, when you fuse you fuse to the wire's amperage to protect the wire from damage, not the gear.
the power and ground are 4 gauge with 60amp fuse. It was part of a wiring kit said to be good for 1600watts

If it's true spec 4 gauge you should be fine but there's more to fusing than the above. The fuse at the battery should be sized to protect the wire and the fuse(s) at the distro block(s) should be sized to protect the amps they're feeding.

For true 4 gauge ofc your fuse at the battery should be 125 amps and if you have fuses at the amps, they should be sized according to what the manufacturer recommends.

those are max. ppi sedona 760.4 and belva BPKG112 monoblock (250 watts rms), idk the rms power of the ppi. I read the ppi's manual and it said to add up the fuse ratings of both amps. that would be 90 for the ppi and 25 for the belva I think. http://www.precisionpower.com/Manuals/Amplifier%20Manuals/2010sedonaab.pdf
Use Knukonceptz brand power wire. Run 4 gauge OFC from the battery to a distro block in the back ($1.55/ft). Fuse this run near the battery with anything from 115-150A. Also use the same gauge and material for the ground and bolt it down in a good spot. It sounds like the distro block should be fused at 115A. From there you can run 4 gauge KCA/CCA ($0.95/ft) to the PPI and 8 gauge KCA/CCA ($0.47/ft) to the Belva if you want the lowest price wire you can get from Knu, though you could also use your old 4 gauge for both from from the distro, since you have it on hand.

Alternatively, use 0 gauge OFC from the front to the back for ultimate futureproofing. It's $4/ft and it's definitely overkill, but some people here would recommend that since you'll never have to redo it for larger amps.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.