HOW ARE MY SYSTEMS?

jlman
10+ year member

Review Committee
Ok I got a 1995 mustang gt i have been working on the system for 1 year now and finally finished.

Ok heres what i got.

--------------------------------------------------

sony explod cdx m610 nice!!!!

2 JL audio 12 w3d2s

1 jl 500/1 amp

It already had a Mach 460 system in it but i did add rockford componet system fanatic Q series

I got tusnami 4 awg wires wired to a lightning strike 1 fared cap

and a punch 75.2 running my componets

I am really pleased with this sytem and only spent 1300 on it.She hits pretty hard.-------------------------------------------------------------

Ok now for my 95 dodge short bed.I have a

Sony cdx l350

Punch 120.2 moving up to a 250.2

2 kicker 12 comps in Q logic boxes

getting mb quart 6 1/2 componet system rcs 216 and power them with the punch 120.2

Have a rockford .5 fared cap with all rockford wires and a audiobauhn ax 303 x over.ITs not a bad sounding system for a truck i thought it hits alot harder than any single cabbed truck i have heard.I my self think that the subs are very decent for paying 92 bucks for them on e-bay new.Tell me what you guys think about my systems and what should i add or rid of?

at least you got the right stuff man.it seems as though you have a pretty loud stereo,nice job.i've spent just about 9,000 dollars on my stereo.and let me tell you,with two first place trophy's from local compotitions i'm pretty impressed.considering i blew every body in my class out of the water.my stereo consists of this:

head unit:eclipse cd8051

wiring:lightning audio

mids:mtx blue thunder (very loud)

tweeters:mtx blue thunder (very crisp and clean)

subs:4 mtx thunder 8000's

sub amps:two eclipse 34230 (extremely clean)

4 channel amp:eclipse 32430 (very powerful)

cd changer: eclipse 5083 8 disk changer

egualizer:eclipse 21000 series EQ

capacitor:2 1 farad digital caps(lightning audio

battery:two optima yellow top batteries

my first trophy was for 156 db.which isn't very loud.but i did blow a sub.so i went to another local compitition and scored big time.i hit 160 even.and believe me.that's ****ing loud!!!!!

Your system sounds very nice but if i were you i would rid of your mtx highs and get jl or infinty or rockford they have the best highs in my opinion.Nice choice on subs i like them but they are soo damn expesive for that price i could get three subs for the price of one but i think those subs hit very hard.You hit 160 thats pretty darn high for just 4 subs are they 10s 12s 15s?

there 15's,and i've got about 750 watts rms to each.there also so god damn loud because there in a 98 explorer firing towards the rear man.nobody believes me until i show the trophy.

160 ?? I find that really hard to believe, MTX is an OK brand but Kicker is a lot better. I am sponsered by my local car audio shop, I have a Buick Regal with a wall of 4 12in Kicker Solo Baric L7's they take 750rms a piece(all on Kicker amps)and I am hitting 151.3.. i just cant believe 4 MTX 8000's hitting 160..it just doesnt happen

well greg.let me tell you one thing for sure.i know that the L7's are the worst sub to buy for even thumping around the neighborhood.my 4 15 inch 8000's are the perfect sub for what i am doing.and another thing.it is very possible to hit 160 with 4 15's my friend.it's not how many watts you can throw into a sub.it's how the damn things are installed.plus,i do all my own installs so i know it's done right.people that have an installer do the installing in there own vehicle.know nothing about there own stereo and shouldn't even get involved.but i have the trophy to prove my score.

hey *****,

why dont you take that one trophy and go put it next to kickers 5000 other trophies they have one with there L7's. That is fine and dandy and i am glad that you hit that hard with your subs. But don't start dissing on Kicker when they have the **** to back it up. So tell us all you want about how nice yours is but i dont want to here some pansy say that kickers arent even good for thumping in the neighborhood. even you know that, that is a bunch of bs.

peace,

jared

kicker are a good brand, but if their is any sub that should not even be played around anywere is the MTX. Get your self 4 12's Pro Tech and those will but your 160bd Mtx's to hell. If you really know how to install //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif

i just got my new memphis st15000 amp. that goes to my 2 diamond audio mac daddy 12's it a custom built ported box in my 1991 mercedes 300E. I have a alpine deck with m b quarts in front/doors/ and rears- All componet of coures and i have my 60X4 alpine bridged to my rears and a older model rockford fostgate punch 600 4 channel powering my fronts and doors. Now it would be pretty hard to to that. Ive spent every penny i get on my car.

I just helped install 3 L7 solobarics with 3 kenwood exceleron 1200watt amps in a 2001 cougar and on the tester it hit a 158.5 so gschobes19 your install must be real crappy.And i myself have 2 mtx 12" 8000 and they ****** pound with 2 600 watt kenwood amps in a blazer.

Look i am not here to cut any body but i myself have a tahoe and am in to sound quality. The only reason he could possibly hit that high is if they were indead firing at the perfect angle at the rear of the veh. I would not believe this but it just so happens that i got 139.8 out of two orion dvc 10s on a four hundre watt autotek stealth amp. And get this I was playing flashdance when I did it. The judge almost sh#% his pants. It is safe to say I won my class. corbrat@hotmail.com

In the trunk of my car of in my truck?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Ok if you were wondering how i fit 2 12s in the trunk of my car it was easy i just made a comstom box that fit right were the seat folds down in that little gap and it fit really tight and perfect looks awsome. theres alot of room in stangs just get a Q logic box;)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.