Hopefully the switch was worth it, AQ 1200 to Sundown 1500

46panel
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Michigan
Just wanting to get some opinions. Sold/traded my three AQ 1200D's and got one 1500D from resko1, and two more coming, one from exige, and another from 350zspl. I hope all this hassel is somewhat worth it. I know the AQ's are supposed to be about 1400 at 14 volts and the sundowns are rated at 1500 but underrated also. I know there are tons of comparison threads betweens these to, but just wondering if I will be able to tell the difference.

Hmm well I hope I hear/feel something. If not it'll be a good test since it will be a direct swap out. The sundown definitely looks and feels beefier. But that was found out it Jacobs 3500d test also.

might gain a dB or so on the meter, doubt you'll hear that by ear though. Can you run the SD's at .5ohm as that would make a noticeable diff...

Normally doubling power is a 2-3dB increase and you had a decent amount to begin with, so I don't see it being all that dramatic of a change.

Have you metered the current set up, so you can compare?
Yea 151.1 on the dash. So I will b able to be able to compare them by the meter. Well I'll see in about a week //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

you gain only (correct me if im wrong) aproximately 3 dbs when you double power. and the human ear perceives i think it is every 11 db increase as a double in spl. so if you do some simple math the answers say that there probably isnt going to be a real audible difference. but who knows maybe your subs will like that extra power

I got a good feeling I'm going to like, (wishful thinking). I did hook one up and sounds good so I'm going to think positive, and know that if anything it should be just as loud //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.