Hooking a backup battery to an alarm system

GPoodle
10+ year member

If a theive breaks my window, pops the hood, and yanks off the positive battery connector, I want my alarm to remain on!

I was wondering if theres a website that should how to wire this up, and whatparts I'd need (ie. diodes, relays)?

I currently have a 125dB alarm under the hood, and two pain generators inside the car! But the system can be disabled in under 10 seconds. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Any info is appreciated, I just want possible theives to not be able to stop the noise. Oh, and what kind of batterymight a backup battery be? On some sirens, you can use a regular old 9V battery, but what about a battery that would power the alarm brain, and the siren under the hood?

THANKS!!!!

Originally posted by GPoodle If a theive breaks my window, pops the hood, and yanks off the positive battery connector, I want my alarm to remain on!

I was wondering if theres a website that should how to wire this up, and whatparts I'd need (ie. diodes, relays)?

I currently have a 125dB alarm under the hood, and two pain generators inside the car! But the system can be disabled in under 10 seconds. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Any info is appreciated, I just want possible theives to not be able to stop the noise. Oh, and what kind of batterymight a backup battery be? On some sirens, you can use a regular old 9V battery, but what about a battery that would power the alarm brain, and the siren under the hood?

THANKS!!!!
get a second battery and hide it somewhere.

battery backup sirens have a rechargeable battery built in to the casing.

find a fairly large one and mount it in a spot under the bonnet to let the noise out as much as possible, but make it very hard or imposible to reach.... inside the bumper or under/behind the inlet manifold.....be creative.

if the starting battery is disconnected, or if the wires to the batt backup siren are cut, then the siren will go off and keep going off.

put one inside the back bumper to if you want.

if thieves get the battery off, or if they cut the wires to the first second or third siren, then they will end up wasting serios time getting to the last one(s).

i have several very sharp items placed around the most obvious siren in my own car...if they steal my car, then i gave it my best shot, but i know they paid for it in blood......

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.