Home system...

Participant count
  • Participant list

bigred78797
10+ year member

Audiobahn Junkie
Ok i know this is car audio but hey audio is audio.

Hey guys i ran into a kinda wierd situation. A friend of mine wants some subs for his house... in particular he wants some killer subs not just the subs you get at bust buy. Me being the cocky person i am im like sure.. but there is one problem... i don't know how i would do it. He told me that he wanted two 15" audiobahns and all of us know that those audiobahns require a butt load of power to even move them and the largest home reciever i could find only put out 200w @ 4 ohms. I was thinking of just getting some gel cel batteries and a charger and hooking up a regular audiobahn amp(probably class D) but um not sure if that would work. Feel free to get technical cuz i understand all that current draw and stuff. To give yall more info i believe he said he had 2 1505Q's and wanted to put nearly 500 - 1000w to each of them. I went to my fav car audio store to get a sneak peak of what they had and it looked like gel cell batteries and a battery charger but when i asked them they said you don't wanna do that.

Running a car audio amp is not the way to go. And honestly, I would recommend those subs be returned right away, as they are just not designed for home audio/theater. If you want a great home subwoofer, http://www.svsubwoofers.com is the best place to go. If money is no object, the SVS B4-Plus is the ultimate home subwoofer. The B4-Plus gets very loud and stays very clean, but is of course quite expensive.

i would say check out adire subs, ie tempest i believe. then buy a plate amp from partsexpress.com

http://www.partsexpress.com/webpage.cfm?&Webpage_ID=3&DID=7&CAT_ID=43&ObjectGroup_ID=505&SO=2

250w should be plenty i believe. if your friend gets greedy, then get two of those n run one to each sub. i mean home subs will be louder, cuz u wont have the external noise in cars. dat's why you see most of the HT subs be run by a 'mere' 100watts or less. while for cars, we need 1k to be happy //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/banghead.gif.8606515f668c74f6de0281deb475b6fd.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.