Home audio

If you mean power the amp in your house for the subs.. Yes you can do it.. i have some hooked to my computer..lol...

Im using a computer power supply rated at 250 watts but the amp im using is only 200 watts so it works.. so if you wanted a 1000watt amp to run.. you would need a 1000 watt or most likely a little more powerful PSU (computers power supply unit) to run it or multiple smaller ones wired together... but you need to go by the max watts and rms.. because if you chose a PSU that it 250 watts for a 200watt rms amp and the amp hits hard and peaks over 250watts it will trip the breaker built in the PSU... thats another perk to using a computer PSU.. it has a built in breaker so you dont burn your house down or your system.

I have two re se 15s and an aq2200d. I want to put em in my living room. I have two big c&d batts also. I'd rather not go buy a plate amp, so is there a reliable way I can power ot? buy a converter maybe?
a better idea would be to sell that stuff and buy home audio equipment... car audio is made to take advantage of the high amp/ low volt power available from a cars electrical system. home audio is meant to take advantage of the high volt\low amp system in a house. You could likely buy a really nice powered home sub that would put that system to shame. You will never find a powersupply that will provide that amp with the power it needs to be louder then a dedicated home sub system or amp. (unless maybe you had a 220v outlet available)

if you want to keep your equipment and already have batteries available, then just buy a cheap battery charger. but you will only be able to play it for a little while then you will have to recharge the batts.

a better idea would be to sell that stuff and buy home audio equipment... car audio is made to take advantage of the high amp/ low volt power available from a cars electrical system. home audio is meant to take advantage of the high volt\low amp system in a house. You could likely buy a really nice powered home sub that would put that system to shame. You will never find a powersupply that will provide that amp with the power it needs to be louder then a dedicated home sub system or amp. (unless maybe you had a 220v outlet available)

if you want to keep your equipment and already have batteries available, then just buy a cheap battery charger. but you will only be able to play it for a little while then you will have to recharge the batts.
THIS!!!

If you mean power the amp in your house for the subs.. Yes you can do it.. i have some hooked to my computer..lol...
Im using a computer power supply rated at 250 watts but the amp im using is only 200 watts so it works.. so if you wanted a 1000watt amp to run.. you would need a 1000 watt or most likely a little more powerful PSU (computers power supply unit) to run it or multiple smaller ones wired together... but you need to go by the max watts and rms.. because if you chose a PSU that it 250 watts for a 200watt rms amp and the amp hits hard and peaks over 250watts it will trip the breaker built in the PSU... thats another perk to using a computer PSU.. it has a built in breaker so you dont burn your house down or your system.
and not this...

Use a Behringer EP1500/EP2500/similar amp. Pro audio amps are going to be your cheapest way to get good power output. Also, for home audio, you're going to want your boxes big and your tunes (as in tuning frequencies) low, if your drivers can do that.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.