hole saw through leather?

The Camry

Hey, I Try.
78570351.jpg

The top part of the door. Going to mount a tweeter in there. Im not sure how to cut a hole in it. Do i use a hole saw? i feel like a hole saw on that pleather stuff would tear it apart.

This is an install for a friend

I feel like the tweeter would be way way too far away from the 6.5. Imaging would be terrible.
That's pretty normal for most cars though. I have mines setup like that and I love how it sounds. If you're really worried about imaging, you're gonna have to get a headunit with time correction.

What year accord is that? Just buy the sail panels with the tweeter mounts already in them for a few bucks at hondapartsnow.com Much easier and you don't mutilate the car. I know sail panels aren't idea, but heck, it isn't your car :p

When you search for the parts be sure to enter the same year but enter the premium model (EX or EXL) so the breakdown shows the premium factory audio system - the sail panels will snap right into place to replace the ones on the doors now.

a hole saw wont mess it up as long as u have a tweeter with a mounting lip to cover it up. i did it on my infiniti and it came out perfect.

u can use a smaller saw say 3/4" n see how it comes out first.

Yes a hole saw will destroy that ..what id do is make a template of the hole then take a exacto knife and cut the leather and padding underneath then use the hole saw the rest of the way
This^^

I did that to mount SQ super tweets in my buddies 350z doors.

looks like a 5th gen accord (pre-1997)

it should have dash locations for tweeters. you won't image with just tweeter placement alone since high frequency location is primarily IID and not ITD. aiming matters more than placement.

pillars work well in accords, especially if the tweeters have angle mount adapters.

tweeter_apillar008.jpg

tweeter_apillar006.jpg

I used a 900* soldering iron using a 1/8" thick cardboard template as a guide, it will burn the vinyl or leather plus the plastic base. Make a hole on the white cardboard instead of a disc which is susceptible to slipping the tip away than preventing it from messing the work.

A holesaw will work fine so long as you run it through the vinyl in reverse first. Take your time and do this first step slowly and without a lot of pressure applied. After you are completely through the vinyl you can drill through the door panel itself in forward at normal speed. We manufacturer high end pontoon boats where I work and we use this method for mounting speakers in vinyl covered benches daily. Literally done this over 1000 times . It will only tear if you attempt to go through the vinyl in forward.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.