ho alternator with cheap battery

Participant count
  • Participant list

sharkman

poor bass head
ok so im sitting around looking and comparing prices. my silly idea was i was going to run a dd m2 or m3 with an 130 amp alt with a xs3100.

now i look at the price for a h.o alt and i can get a 240 amp mechman for 350. which is not much more then a xs batt..

after i get something like that would i be able to run the system with a cheap battery since i have the alt to keep my volts up..

I wont run my system on a cheap batt just need learn a bit here

ok that makes it clear why someone should spend the money on the alt first. for my truck and h.o. alt is cheap it seems other cars or newer ones are 2x the price of mine....now i have to find out which alt to go for mechman is only $350...im waiting on excessive to hit me back. im hearing alot of mixed things about his alts. but if he is as cheap as everyone says i give it a shot

With only 2k power. The alt will be fine. With a Sears and or another cheap agm. Rule of thumb with electrical. Is get a big enough alt to run the system and car. But also 55 ah per 1000 watts as well the alt is for charging purposes not to run the car and system. Both run off the battery not intend ones to run off the alt. Even tho they will Yes the ho alt is there to help keep the voltage up , but the voltage on the system as a whole

With only 2k power. The alt will be fine. With a Sears and or another cheap agm. Rule of thumb with electrical. Is get a big enough alt to run the system and car. But also 55 ah per 1000 watts as well the alt is for charging purposes not to run the car and system. Both run off the battery not intend ones to run off the alt. Even tho they will Yes the ho alt is there to help keep the voltage up , but the voltage on the system as a whole
well im not set on the amp just yet...seeing how prices are looking better i was thinking a dd m2 or m3 to run my dd 9518

being the m2 is only 2400 would i still need an ho alt or could the system work fine with my 130 and a big battery...i dont want to barely be getting by i need something that wont have my truck stall.if i need the alt i will get it case close

a 250 amp alt is the same price as a huge xp which i was going to run. i think i will buy 1 in a month or so...

being the m2 is only 2400 would i still need an ho alt or could the system work fine with my 130 and a big battery...i dont want to barely be getting by i need something that wont have my truck stall.if i need the alt i will get it case close
The M2 is more than 2400. You will need a alt

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.