HO ALt

Participant count
  • Participant list

vinnie_febs
10+ year member

md
Ok guys, I need your help one more time. I got everything from my wish list, it’s just a matter of hooking things up. I figure the first step would be the HO Alt. But I’m getting different responses from my co-workers. You see my current Alt runs from the alt to a fuse block then to the bat. Some say that if I put the 200Amp Alt. it will blow the fuses and that I have to make sure that the car electronics can handle the 200Amp from the alt. Others say that it doesn’t matter, just hook it up and instead of running from the alt to the fuse block to the bat, just go from the alt to the fuse block and tap another line from the alt to the bat. What do you guys think?

1998 nissan sentra SE

thanks

Vin

The alt and bat are probably connected directly together at the fuse block There ~may~ be a fuse in between, or a fusible link in the alt wire. You need to find that out.

Worst case is that you run a new wire from alt to bat and remove the old one. No big deal.

if you are going to have the alternator done by a proffesional they will make sure that the fuse box is wired correctly and that if there is a fuse between the battery and the ALT it is correct. HO alt is one part of the instalation i would strongly warn against doing yourself.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.