HO ALT do I need it??

Participant count
  • Participant list
you don't think i can get away with one 250 amp alt?
I'm sure you can "get away with it", but if you can generate what's being drawn without dipping into your batteries, you're friggin golden.

That being said, the brackets for multi alt setups can be pricy. I'd just get the baddest mf'ing alt you can get under your hood.

I'm sure you can "get away with it", but if you can generate what's being drawn without dipping into your batteries, you're friggin golden.
That being said, the brackets for multi alt setups can be pricy. I'd just get the baddest mf'ing alt you can get under your hood.
cool thanks ma you really helped me out!

Keep in mind. Car audio is alot like guns. Once you get into it your gonna want bigger and bader. Ask me how i know. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif Its all a money pit hence my screen name.

Singer alts all the way. I got a prototype 6 phase hairpin at the time it was his first one for my vehicle type. Absolute beast. Rated for 250 i clamped 276 before i ran out if amp draw. No doubt in my mind it puts out more. Customer service is top notch.

No problem and good luck. Show us your new alt when you get it in.
what would happen if I ran the amp on 1 ohm until i got my alt, which is when my next paycheck comes on the 10th. could it damage my amp? this is just my dd truck so its not like I'll be competing.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.