hissing sound !!!!!!!!

EVOECLIPSE
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
i have hissing sound comeing out from my componet speakers?!?!?!?!? ok i have two amps: Orion xtreme 300(comp. spks.) visonik 1200(Orion HCCA 10") the visonik has a 4ga power wire from the bat. and the orion has 8ga power from the bat. i drive a 97 eclipse. i believe the problem to be that when i had the first wires installed they ran it around the engine(the batt is on the front drivers side and the wires go in the lower pas. side)

the buzzing alters when i rev the car or when the rpms change. it gets higher pitched at high rpm's is this the problem or could it be somehting else. also i believe my rca's are crossing the power wires. what does this do. i head this aint good but i never knew why? thank you for all the help

you have a bad grund connection, remoove it , and place it far away from the engine if in the trunk better, if it does not cure it buy a ground filter. Tip: the RCA shoudn't touch the positive wire. Why? the fluid of the electrons makes magnetism in a wire, the bigger the wire (Gage) the stronger magnetism is, this couses interference in the RCA (noise).

my ground is in the trunk. could it still be a bad ground connection or is it the rca. i do have the rca running into the orion(rca in and out) and then into the visonik. but when i make my new system soon i am running the a rear cannel rca to the orion and the sub out to the visonik (actually i will have a different amp, but ya know) well any more sugestions. the rca run about 5 inches away from the power down the consol(sp) is this the prob. i didnt have this problem when i only hade the visonik amp?

help

COME ON GUYS. Don;t play with your power wire OR ground just forget about them. You must trouble shoot the noise by making MUTING PLUGS. do this by hacking off the ends of some cheap RCA wires OR go buy some ENDS. You then connect the center prong an the outer ring to short out the input of the AMP. Make sure you have enough muting plug to mute ALL channels. This give the AMP 0 volts with 0 impedance across the terminals. If it mutes that put the noise UPSTREAM of the amp in the signal chain. If it doesn't mute then we have to look at the AMP itself and the speaker wires, x-overs and speaker themselves . let me now what happens when you mute the AMP.

could it be under your hood? maybe your electrical is bad or your alternator needs some TLC. they wear out like tires sometimes. sometimes you can fix them up otherwise you need a new one. i would get a more powerful one if you do fix it. because the alternator spins as fast as the engine (connected by 1 belt). you were sayin if you give it more gas it changes because of the rpm's. thus when you give it more gas the alternator gets more juice and then your amp gets more juice. could this be it? maybe you gotta blown speaker? i dont know let me know

as of now the hissing has stoped. i didnt notice till my girlfriend said something to me. but i guess it has been stoped for about 1 week and i did nothing to it. any suggestion what it is sense it stoped on it own?

if i recal something simalar happened to me and it ended up being a few grains of sand in the v/c gap and it only stopped once the grains had moved into the dust cap. a simple anoyance like that can be fixed by unscrewing the speaker and playing it on it's ow so it moves but doesn't distort and face it to the ground and hold it untill the noise dissappers if it takes more than 1 minute the speaker is proly broke you must always suppervise this procedure with geaet care if you do if cause th v/c might moove too far

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.