head unit problems, please help

SuckMikeHawk23
10+ year member

#1 Laker Hater
I installed a panasonic md/cd deck on my friend's 2000 Civic LX (4dr.) the other day and now, when the car comes to a complete stop, it stalls occasionally. I spliced the stock wires and ran it straight to the headunit without a wiring harness and was sure to remove the negative battery terminal before I started installing anything. The deck turns on and functions properly. I was wondering if anybody had any suggestions as to what the problem was and how to fix it. Thanks.

just a guess, the head unit is somehow interfering with the distributer which is part of the car ignition (it's where it all starts). Maybe it's not connected or earthed right. Just a question, why didn't you use the wiring harness? It could also be that by some stroke of bad luck that there is a mechanical fault with the car just after you intstalled the H/U. But I don't think that would happen with a honda!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

possibly the cause might be that the alternator is trying to keep up with the higher current draw caused by the h/u and adds extra drag on the motor mine does that if i dont have revs obove 1200rpm if the stereo is cranked and yes i have a good batt odessey 1500 cca and it shows a full charge all the time and it is hooked up right i got it done at the automotive electrical shop about a month ago and they say is just keep the revs up or turn it down

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.