highs too loud.

chris015
10+ year member

sc
Ive got 2 front 4x6 speakers thats imbedded on the top of the dash. When i turn it up to a certain point they overcome the rest of the sound system and it *****. Im new to the audio world etc. I tried to adjust the level towards the rear of the cab but then my sub sound drops...

Everything else sounds good. Just those front loud speakers.

Do they make some kind of level control that you in put inbetween speakers to manually turn them down to a tolerable level etc? What can i do to fix this.

great minds think alike //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/bowdown.gif.b85b23b82970bd22fb6b549c3392f016.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/imdaman.gif.bc6c552e19aa4ad8c47461144f40eb1a.gif

try turning down the treble a bit
Ditto, and you could also try resetting the amplifier at a lower volume setting and increasing the gain on the subwoofer amp to compensate.
I'm assuming you have the 4x6s hooked up to the head unit and not a separate amplifier. If you have a separate amp for the 4x6s, turn the gain on that amp down.

Do you have them running off HU power? I guess the sub is tied into the fronts?

This is why sub's inputs should be (and usually are) tied into the rears or have their own dedicated channel. So you can fade it in or adjust the level independantly.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.