high quality power cable - home depot?!

Wow,

Broke, you are talking 100% out of your ass. welding cable works perfectly fine for car audio installation. No one is talking wire for light switches. Who uses 1/0 awg to power light switches? Also, welding is almost always cheaper than car audio wire. Please let me know where a normal person can buy car audio power wire cheaper than the same size wire from weldingsupply.com. In conclusion, I must say this. You ARE NOT an electrical contractor. Please show some sort of proof that you are, you only said that because you thought it would make people believe you. The truth is, you are not an electrical contractor, instead you are a useless piece of sh it.

contridict yourself?

if it'll hold the proper current, the wire shouldn't matter.

I use welding wire, why? because it was cheaper.
Whatever you guys say.I work with the **** daily,you do not.Use whatever floats your boat.

Wow,Broke, you are talking 100% out of your ass. welding cable works perfectly fine for car audio installation. No one is talking wire for light switches. Who uses 1/0 awg to power light switches? Also, welding is almost always cheaper than car audio wire. Please let me know where a normal person can buy car audio power wire cheaper than the same size wire from weldingsupply.com. In conclusion, I must say this. You ARE NOT an electrical contractor. Please show some sort of proof that you are, you only said that because you thought it would make people believe you. The truth is, you are not an electrical contractor, instead you are a useless piece of sh it.
Whatever *******.I inherited a multi million dollar elec company from my father that recently passed.Working out in teh feild,bidding jobs,etc.

You think I would mention an association with one of the most hated stores in the US if I didnt actually work for them??You know,since they kill small buisness and such.

And I doubt any of you have $4k worth of audio in your WORK TRUCK.I do along with multi thousand $$$ systems in every other car I own.

Ill post the pics for you nonbeleivers when I get back to AL(****,have a mod post up the IP addys from my posts and youll see ones from SC,GA,TN,and AL.All places where I work.

BTW,who do you know that uses 10awg for light switchs?Walmart and Sams do while everyone else use's 14-16awg.

welding cable works just as fine, I mean - since it's for welding it HAS to be able to carry a LOT of current, AND able to withstand the heat.
You never saw me write that the issue was carryinbg the current.Did you??

And I dont think many people are going to be welding in an oven,hence why I say I doubt it will hold up to the prolonged exposure of underhood heat w/o the jacket getting brittle and cracking.

welding cable works just as fine, I mean - since it's for welding it HAS to be able to carry a LOT of current, AND able to withstand the heat.
2x

I still went with the the Knu Wire cause It's visable in my install and looks better.. and the strands are tinned to resist corrosion but most of the wire is sealed anyways.... In fact I think the Welding wire has a better jacket, it looks better than the car audio stuff. IRL I doubt car audio 1/0 has any "special magical" sleeve on it that will protect it more than any other wire from high engine temps. Hell the wleding wire my friend showed me look better sheilded than anything that came on my truck stock, and probably better than Car Audio 1/0 too.

Like you said you work for Wallmart, not a company "known" for it's electrical engineers. OR Car sterio equipment!

The next thing you will probably tell us is that you can more seriously damage your speakers by underpowering them than overpowering them...

I was at Audio Consultants here in Chicago the other day, they sell home theater equipment. They had a used high-end speaker cable for a Hi-Fi system for $4,600 and that's with the 30% off they were giving that day! I couldn't believe my eyes. The cable was very thick though, probably over an inch per speaker lead. It was only about 10 feet long too. It had some kind of box about a foot from the end of the cable, I'm not sure if it was some kind of filter or crossover. But some people in Chicago have way too much money. I guess that's the kind of cable they use on their $100,000 speakers.

Whatever *******.I inherited a multi million dollar elec company from my father that recently passed.Working out in teh feild,bidding jobs,etc.
You think I would mention an association with one of the most hated stores in the US if I didnt actually work for them??You know,since they kill small buisness and such.

And I doubt any of you have $4k worth of audio in your WORK TRUCK.I do along with multi thousand $$$ systems in every other car I own.

Ill post the pics for you nonbeleivers when I get back to AL(****,have a mod post up the IP addys from my posts and youll see ones from SC,GA,TN,and AL.All places where I work.
I don't give a **** how much your equipment is worth. Having to resort to assets is usually a sign of a weak argument. I doubt you've worked with amplifiers in the $400 a watt range, but I don't swing my balls for the sake of proving a point.

(again,PURE SPECULATION)
The only part of your posts that make sense.

Please, thank you for playing, but move along now.

Go to any NON-sponsored dB draggers (or any other car audio competitor) and tell them that welding wire won't work for power wire.

You'll get lauged at....alot. How are the electrical properties different from those of audio wire? My 1/0 welding wire is **** flexible, has a -60 to +60 degree Celsius sheathing on it, and seems to carry my current pretty well.

Please explain to me why your pretty colored wire works so much better than the much cheaper (and very comparable in terms of performance) welding cable so many people use?

Also, please tell me where i can get "car audio" 1/0 power wire for $1.30 a foot.

I don't give a **** how much your equipment is worth. Having to resort to assets is usually a sign of a weak argument. I doubt you've worked with amplifiers in the $400 a watt range, but I don't swing my balls for the sake of proving a point.

The only part of your posts that make sense.

Please, thank you for playing, but move along now.
Assets??Havent even scratched the surface on mentioning mine.

And youre right,never dealt with anything in the 400 per watt range but ive always dealt with QUALITY car audio(MB Quart,old Orion,old Soundstream,old Rockford,JL,Rainbow,Xtant and Alpine just to name a few)No off brand **** like I see most of you tout to be the greatest.

Kinda like touting welding wire to be the best to power car audio equipment;)

Go to any NON-sponsored dB draggers (or any other car audio competitor) and tell them that welding wire won't work for power wire.
You'll get lauged at....alot. How are the electrical properties different from those of audio wire? My 1/0 welding wire is **** flexible, has a -60 to +60 degree Celsius sheathing on it, and seems to carry my current pretty well.

Please explain to me why your pretty colored wire works so much better than the much cheaper (and very comparable in terms of performance) welding cable so many people use?

Also, please tell me where i can get "car audio" 1/0 power wire for $1.30 a foot.
Angel Distributors in Birmingham,AL sells 1/0 gauge Raptor wire for $24 a 25 ft roll.Cheaper than the cheapest welding cable.

Assets??Havent even scratched the surface on mentioning mine.
And youre right,never dealt with anything in the 400 per watt range but ive always dealt with QUALITY car audio(MB Quart,old Orion,old Soundstream,old Rockford,JL,Rainbow,Xtant and Alpine just to name a few)No off brand **** like I see most of you tout to be the greatest.

Kinda like touting welding wire to be the best to power car audio equipment;)
That statement has proved to me your head is entirely too far up your ass for logical reasoning to bring back.

Have a nice day, and I hope someday in the future you'll understand why you sound like such an arrogant prude.

This is hilarious. You don't pay more money and get more flexible cable.

The reason some cable is stiff and some is not is because there is a multitude of wire types.

There are different types of stranding and twisting, materials, plating, and insulation.

The wire some are finding at HD, Lowes, Menards, etc, is not flexible because it is a different type of wire.

engineparts0216st.jpg

How's that?

engineparts0854dt.jpg

That's 3 conductor 500MCM next to a 2" IMC coupling. That coupling is roughly 2.5" in diameter. Surprisingly, the stuff is extremely flexible because it is a DLO(Diesel Locomotive) cable. Now if it were of the THHN variety, it would be next to impossible to move.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.