high power small footprint amps

the crescendo BC2000D appears small. largest dimension is 16". Also the Synergy Audio WFO 15.1D is pretty small too, just at about 17". Lot's of people giving feedback that they're getting close to rated on them. And the Orion XTR2500.1D. 2500x1 @ 1 ohm and 12.6v. Longest measurement on that amp is 14".

Taramps dsp3k

Taramps hd4k

Mmats 4k

Banda ice4k

Stetsom 4k

Wired to 1 ohm, youll clamp around 2k to 2.5k with 12.8 volts

Only way to get 2k out of a korean 2k is wiring half ohm or lower at 14.4 to 15 volts.

Anyoneeeeee use a prv amp yet, I was reading/researching various threads about people who tested Brazilian amps and most of the problems start to occur at 1 ohms testing, on amps rated at 1ohms. The 4000.1 prv seems like a good buy at $399. Anyone with feedback besides "if you have good electrical"...no disrespect but has already been confirmed by the majority.

Anyoneeeeee use a prv amp yet, I was reading/researching various threads about people who tested Brazilian amps and most of the problems start to occur at 1 ohms testing, on amps rated at 1ohms. The 4000.1 prv seems like a good buy at $399. Anyone with feedback besides "if you have good electrical"...no disrespect but has already been confirmed by the majority.
Yep. This is because it's not proper to wire speakers in a fashion that would exhibit a reactive load around 1ohm. So the internals are not built to sustain that output.

That's why it's common to say if it's rated at 1ohm, expect their 2ohm output rating from it.

Some Taramp's amps that we have had a hand in releasing as well as a few others over the last 2 years have been upgraded to handle more "abuse" since people no longer know how to install audio anymore..

The amplifiers that are 14.4v rated can handle 0.5ohm wiring with explicit recommendations to prevent potential failure.

With these new amps, there are 2 ways to get maximum output, wiring low or running high voltage. Luckily, the safer and cleaner method is to ditch wiring low and run over 15v and wire no lower than 1ohm. You will retain over 90% efficiency levels while keeping the amplifier happy and loud.

Yes. I do not understand why need to keep gains down.. Sounds like you are looking at amplifier too large.

However, if you are like me, i typically use MUCH headroom so to allow my equipment to never clip even at the speakers thermal limit.

Clean is always best.

I plan on picking up one of these amps after the new year and run it for a bit to see how they perform/work. I may take some pics and run a thread to let people know about my experiencing of the brand and model chosen. I know its a few months out, but I am also needing to get some installation done to accept one of these to run

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.