High output alternator reliability/longevity?

Eggs

What should I expect from noble brands like singer or mechman in a daily driver? I understand modified alternator has more chances of dumping on you much like a “streetable“ race car. I just don’t like the idea of a high probability of getting stranded.

What should I expect from noble brands like singer or mechman in a daily driver? I understand modified alternator has more chances of dumping on you much like a “streetable“ race car. I just don’t like the idea of a high probability of getting stranded.
I can't speak to either of those brands, but warranty policies are often testament to product quality in my opinion. You can keep your oem alternator and a few tools in the vehicle if you are nervous, but a bad alternator won't leave you stranded unless it completely siezes or the pulley falls off. After i finished the engine swap in my 4x4, I drove it for days before I realized my alternator wasn't charging.

Regardless of how long it will last, if you need it you need it. You don't have the option to not upgrade it if your stereo and listening habits will otherwise leave you with a dead battery.

I went with Iraggi, and I know that's a polarized word around here, but I am a sucker for a lifetime warranty, and their trade-in policy is a cool perk.

- Joe

Thanks for your input. My past installs system were just basic systems with small sub amp and 4 channel. Right now looking at 2500 watt build So the alternator and extra battery is needed.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.