high out put alternator

jguti92
10+ year member

FLORIDA
okay so i am want to get a high out alternator for my 03 kia spectra gs and i have a couple of questions...... does it make your gas milage better or worse or the same? anyone knows a trustful site to get a alternator for my car. i am trying to run 750 rms so let me know thanks!

ok? well thanks for the help you were so descriptive gosh if your not going to help dont post
You dont need to buy a ho alt for 750 rms, i ran around around 2k with with a stock 75 amp alt a good starting batt and a spv70 in the trunk, An alt would be a good investment if you will be running more power in the future but for a kia you will most likely be looking $400 plus. If it does affect your mileage it would not even be noticeable maybe 1mpg or so, The main thing that kills your mileage is having a thousand pounds of gear in the back of your ride,I'm pretty drunk so hope that was helpful it's the best I can type out right now

well i mean i need alternor a stock autopart is 180 which is 70 amps :/ i found one online for 250 thats 110 amps so for 70 dollars more i have 40 amps more but one year warranty while the autopart one is life time warranty so idk what to do ahhhhhhh............

If the other brand is reputable then go with that one. I still have never heard of autopart but hey if you can get more amperage for a lil more then by golly jump for it. It'll keep your battery(s) better charged even though its only 750rms. You say you need a new alternator? Is it because your old one has gone bad? If your old one is still fine like someone else said id just keep your old one as you'd be fine on that one too. Getting a high output alternator will prepare you later on though if you decide to go say 1500 or more watts total rms. I just ordered a DC Power HO alt cuz i'll be running 3000rms plus maybe 20rms from my HU; they have alot of rep on here as a company

yeah my alternator is going bad i got it tested and the guy said the rpm regulator something of that matter. the test was like 14.2 with no load and with load it was 12.2 and its suppose to be reading 13.6 i belive (according to what the guy said) so i saw a high out put 110 amps for 250 a brand new 70 amp one is 180.. or i know this guy downtown who fixes alternators so i am going to ask him if maybe he could add more amps to the alternator but.... if not o well and its like 60 max to fix it he said. so what do you guys think i should do?

ok will do i am going to call the guy tom morning and see if he can RR my alternator and maybe possibly up the amps on it(crossing my fingers) i did do the big 3 already with 2 gauge wire and have 4 gauge going to the amp so we will see how it goes....

ok so this will be okay i am going to run 2 Alpine MRP-M450 for 2 cvr's so will a 80 amp alternator be good for it? or should i just spent 60 extra dollars and get Alpine MRP-M500 the diferrence is 100 watts rms. the subs are rated at 400 rns each so i dont want to blow them.... so what should do? will the alternator be okay? should i go with a red top or yellow top battery? also does anyone recommend a for a 4 channel amp that's cheap and gets the job well done?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.