kenwood excelon KDC-X859 installation help

Participant count
  • Participant list

snowforts

Iowa
I recently bought a kenwood excelon KDC-X859 from a friend, but i'm having some problems getting it working. I have everything wired up to power it, but when i turn my car on, the unit opens its motorized face, waits for a while, then closes again. the display won't light up. The blue light around the volume knob will sometimes turn on, but not always. sometimes the face will turn completely around, then back to it's normal position. i don't know if it's making any sound or not yet since i can't actually interface with the unit, nor do i have my amp and speakers hooked up yet. when i try to reset it with the face in it's normal position, nothing happens, but if i try to reset it with the face in the open position, it will close.

the deck i had prior to this worked just fine, so i know there isn't anything wrong with my car. What on earth is going on?

--Matthew

idk dude kenwood head units are not of bestquality. i put one into my frineds eclipse 2 moths after the usb jack stop working then 6 moths after that the aux imput stoped working so idk maybe try to get your money back lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.