High freq noise after install?

Participant count
  • Participant list

g35chick
10+ year member

I recently had my entire stock system ripped out and replaced with brand new Type-R speakers and a Kenwood DDX419. It was installed by a VERY reputable shop.. I've had a few wiring issues with it that I've noticed so far but I'm pretty sure I know exactly what the cause is... just haven't had a chance to take it in yet.

However, I noticed an annoying high pitch noise and I can't for the life of me figure out where it's coming from or what's causing it. Almost like a quiet dog whistle type sound that you can't tell if it's just your ears ringing or what.. but I realized it's definitely not lol. I can hear the noise as soon as the HU turns on - engine can be on or off. Volume level doesn't change it.

Any ideas?

I had this same problem with the first Kenwood HU I bought. What you can do to narrow the problem down is to get an 1/8" stereo to RCA adapter cable and a set of RCA couplers. Use an Ipod or other music device, to connect direct to your amp. If the noise is still there, you have eliminated the HU and RCA cables from the problem. If its gone, then reconnect your RCA cable to your amp and connect the ipod to your installed RCA cables and check those.

Here are some links of the cable and adapters i am talking about.

3-Ft. 1/8 Stereo to Dual Phono (RCA) Plug Y-Cable : Y-Cables | RadioShack.com

RCA Phono Plug Coupler (2-Pack) : Couplers | RadioShack.com

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.