High fidelity loud components!! 6.5

Participant count
  • Participant list

Only The Best
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
texas
I'm putting a system into my 07 armada and need new speakers for the front and the back. I currently have kappas but they can't get to where I'm wanting to be. I have two JL 13.5'S ported out in the back so I need some loud and clear highs. Let me know what you got... I'm looking to spend less than $700

I'm putting a system into my 07 armada and need new speakers for the front and the back. I currently have kappas but they can't get to where I'm wanting to be. I have two JL 13.5'S ported out in the back so I need some loud and clear highs. Let me know what you got... I'm looking to spend less than $700

This is my add:

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/speaker-classifieds/613575-fs-ft-bnib-digital-designs-6-5s-tweets.html

I got 4 sets BNIB . Installed some in my truck, they are amazing.

Do those come with a crossover or do you have to buy it? Also would those be able to hold up against abuse?... I like to redline my eardrums and don't want to waste my money on sensitive equipment that can't get loud.
As far as I know, Digital Designs doesn't make external crossovers for their component sets. I may be wrong on that. But I always just run an on-amp crossover. If i remember correctly, their power handling is pretty high and is conservatively rated. All the info on them is in the provided links.

What I can tell by them, is super loud, crisp and clear music through them. Im running 200 250 ish RMS to the 6.5s and around 100RMS to each tweeter and amazing is an understatement.

Im in the process of completing my all-DD build, so im only running one 9512i in my truck right now and the mids and highs are PLENTY loud enough; even with heavy bass from a DD woofer my front stage is still extremely heavy and audible.

Not trying to pitch a sale at all, im honestly very impressed with the performance of this set.

6.5s come with grilles, rubber magnet boot, install hardware, etc. Everything bnib original. Tweeters come with original hardware, flush mount accessories,hardware, etc..

I can unbox for more pictures if you want.

The dd component sets. Aren't that good that have the xovers. His is a pro audio set. Which may be what you need. But you'll need an active capable amp and deck $700 can get you a nice set. But maybe 2 lower end sets. Might be a better option to be loud

The dd component sets. Aren't that good that have the xovers. His is a pro audio set. Which may be what you need. But you'll need an active capable amp and deck $700 can get you a nice set. But maybe 2 lower end sets. Might be a better option to be loud
So I was planning on powering the mids with two jl 300.2's. But from what your explaining it doesn't look like that would work... What would be my best option for what I'm trying to accomplish?

So I was planning on powering the mids with two jl 300.2's. But from what your explaining it doesn't look like that would work... What would be my best option for what I'm trying to accomplish?
Im also running a Jl 450/4 on the DD 6.5's. I believe max wattage for each is 480.

Alls I know is these DD components I own are extremely high quality. Passed that, Mylows10 knows his stuff. I dont know him personally and my post count may not be in the 1000's, but iv been around to be on the receiving end of his and other senior forum members' knowledge for many years here.

Buy what fits you best my friend.

Im also running a Jl 450/4 on the DD 6.5's. I believe max wattage for each is 480.
Alls I know is these DD components I own are extremely high quality. Passed that, Mylows10 knows his stuff. I dont know him personally and my post count may not be in the 1000's, but iv been around to be on the receiving end of his and other senior forum members' knowledge for many years here.

Buy what fits you best my friend.
I was a dd dealer for many years and a good friend of mine works there now You could run the Mids and highs off that amp but not sure it would be loud enough. But no xovers for those. They are bought separately really depends on how loud your subs are to

What do you mean "how" ?
mylows was saying that "But you'll need an active capable amp and deck $700 can get you a nice set." I'm curious as to how you have your tweeters set up with the woofers.

---------- Post added at 09:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 AM ----------

Your mail box is full
fixed

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.